Infobox incomplete (misc)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Cleanup (Issue: tips and notes is full of stuff that can be moved to characteristics)
To meet Nukapedia's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by the article.
The scorchbeast queen is an endgame boss in Fallout 76. It can only be spawned by completing Mission: Countdown and choosing to drop a blast zone upon Fissure site Prime, triggering the public event Scorched Earth. Eight or more participants are recommended for this difficult server-wide event, in which it must be killed within 30 minutes. During this engagement, waves of Scorched enemies will defend the queen.
Missing data (drops, droprates, attack damage values)
This article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Name (Form ID)||Abilities||Items|
|Level||HP||Base XP yield|
|81-94||32,767||XP = 4.848(Level) + 15.15|
The scorchbeast queen utilizes several different attacks, but is constantly shrouded by a large, potent radiation-damage cloak. All other attacks are treated explosions and rightfully deal area-of-effect damage.
When airborne, it will primarily release a long-range, targeted sonic attack, which counts as explosive physical damage. The interval between these attacks is at least ten seconds. The strafing attack disperses a lingering poison damage fog across a wide area. If the queen is unable to detect players, it will continuously dust the approximate area.
- 20 per second, for 5 seconds
- 10 per second, 5 seconds
While grounded, the queen performs a sweeping attack using its wings to swing deliver heavy damage to the party within melee range. It may also perform a lunging attack to close the gap should its target leave its range. When surrounded,[verification needed] it may cover itself with its wings before releasing a explosive shockwave which not only deals damage, but also summons Scorched to its aid. Unlike the standard scorchbeast, the queen can call nearly any Scorched creature to its defense. The possible minions are detailed below:
The resistances of the scorchbeast queen, like all other creatures in Appalachia, are determined by a level curve table. After its resistances take effect, the queen reduces all incoming damage by an additional 70%. Similar to other creatures, the scorchbeast queen will rapidly heal itself over time after a period of not taking damage. As a legendary creature, the queen will regenerate health to 150% once upon reaching critical health.
- Immune to radiation.
- Immune nuke blasts.
- Cannot trigger ricochet
Note: the party must deal at least 1,000 damage to the queen in order to qualify for loot.
- The diseased Scorchbeast queen will inflict the Blight, which reduces all SPECIAL stats by 1. This may be triggered by any of its attacks in relation to the player character's Endurance and Disease Resistance.
- If any non-Scorched hostiles are present around the event arena, the queen may wander off and attack them instead of the party. If the enemy is unable to be Scorched, the hostiles must be dealt with in order to regain the queen's aggro.
- The scorchbeast queen cannot be disintegrated into ash or goo.
- Unless grounded via cripple, the queen will not land unless it has opportunity to deal melee attacks. If the party is situated on objects it may not reach, it will not land. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Drop Site V9 - most parts of the fence or bunker; the atop or inside the barn with the elevator lift from glassed cavern.
- Forward Station Delta - inside the encampment, or upon its catwalks.
- Fissure site Prime - atop dilapidated buildings.
- Overgrown sundew grove - inside the grove or atop the mutated sundew plants; within/atop the barn near V9.
- Glassed cavern - upon or inside either AMS structure.
- Upon placed Survival tents or stacked power armor chassis; especially floating tents.
- The scorchbeast queen has a number of weaknesses:
- Affected by both Hunter's and Zealot's gear.
- Crippling one of the queen's wings will force it to land, after finding a suitable spot. The landing behavior can be interrupted by stagger effects applied by perks like Tank Killer or One Gun Army.
- Attacking the head will deal 150% damage.
- Due to her large hitbox, some explosions may not connect properly if unless precisely placed. To deal optimal damage, explosions should connect with its underbelly while it is grounded.
- The scorchbeast queen will cease attacking momentarily while hovering over an area it is trying to land in. The cue for this is its behavior of floating largely in place, rather than strafing. Attacking and inflicting a stagger will interrupt the animation and prevent the landing.
- Barring the radiation hazards, all of the queen's attacks are considered explosions and will be mitigated by the Fireproof perk or a padded/dense torso mod.
- Its grounded melee attacks are considered both melee and explosion, so Blocker and Fireproof may be used in tandem.
- The existence of the scorchbeast queen was a secret kept by Bethesda as promotional materials did not advertise the boss fight. She was discovered a day after the game was released when a party member nuked the specific fissure site by chance. It took the party about twenty minutes to kill her.[Non-canon 1]
- The rarest drops from the scorchbeast queen are the Plan: Ultracite calibrated shocks, Plan: Ultracite targeting HUD, Plan: Ultracite Tesla coils and Plan: Ultracite reactive plates, each at a 0.08% drop rate.
- The Fallout 76 game guide states that the scorchbeast queen deals "cold" attacks, which implies cryo damage. Although her attacks have off-white VFX, they deal energy damage.
- The scorchbeast queen may occasionally wander out of bounds, making the fight impossible if it strays too far.[verified]
- If killed near the edge of the game world, the scorchbeast queen may fall out-of-bounds and be rendered unlootable.[verified]
- Heart of the Enemy, fast traveling may cause the body of the queen to teleport behind you after arriving at your destination. This may be exploited as a workaround for the above bug.[verified] A known-bug with
- scorched mothman, scorched Grafton Monster, scorched mutant hound, scorched behemoth, scorched frog, scorched suicider and most of the Scorched outfit variants.[verified] The scorchbeast queen cannot summon the following scorched creature variants:
- With the release of patch 22.214.171.124, enemies summoned by the scorchbeast queen can be of a higher level.
- After the Wastelanders update, the scorchbeast queen received an erroneous change that made it immune to limb damage. This prevented the party from crippling its wings to force a landing. This was rectified in patch 126.96.36.199.[patched]