|For an overview of .44 Magnum revolver models in the Fallout series of games, see .44 Magnum revolver.|
The scoped .44 Magnum is a weapon found in Fallout 3.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The scoped .44 Magnum is a very high-powered pistol. It has a very long effective range, which is further extended by the scope but also has a low rate of fire for a double-action revolver. When looking through the scope and firing, there will be no recoil, allowing the player character to snipe multiple targets with ease.
Durability[edit | edit source]
A fully-repaired Magnum can fire approximately 229 rounds, or 39 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Blackhawk - While it is much stronger than the regular .44, it is also the weakest of the unique versions.
- Callahan's Magnum - Named after famous gunfighter and security guard Harold Callahan, Callahan's Magnum is the more effective version of Blackhawk, dealing more damage with slightly more wear and tear on the gun.
- Paulson's revolver - Drawn by space cowboy Paulson in the hostile confines of Mothership Zeta, it lacks the scope and fires a slew of pellets instead of a single bullet. Its also unique for not having a scope, while other variants of .44 Magnum revolvers do.
- Wernher's scoped .44 Magnum - An unobtainable version of the scoped .44 Magnum carried by Wernher. It has significantly higher health but is otherwise identical to the standard variant.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Scoped .44 Magnum||35||78.8||2.25||x2||35||32||1.1||0.3||6||229||4||300||75|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- In the truck to the left of the tent where you find the 5th Keller family transcript.
- Inside Vance's office wall safe during the Blood Ties quest. Must be stolen.
- On one of the skeletal remains in the Marigold station, along with a box of .44 Magnum cartridges.
- On a table a few feet away from the very hard locked door in the Broken Bow portion of Rivet City, near Horace Pinkerton's lab.
- Inside Reilly's Rangers headquarters.
- Mister Crowley of Underworld, Eulogy Jones of Paradise Falls, Willy Wilson of Andale, Billy Creel in Megaton, and Crow, the traveling merchant, all wield this gun.
- In a sunken boat near the Jefferson Memorial.
- Under a flight of stairs in the Hubris Comics printing room.
- Near a rotting brahmin corpse in the Shalebridge Hill ant tunnels.
- In a toilet's cistern in the ladies' room of the corporate offices of the Vault-Tec headquarters.
- In the flooded metro, behind a large transformer, near a skeleton and a copy of Guns and Bullets.
- On the second floor of the ruined building southeast of Tenpenny Tower, by a skeleton near a wooden shelf.
- In a locked safe in Vault 87, with a few grenades and some purified water.
- Behind a Hard locked door (or Average terminal) on the first floor of the Chryslus Building Reception Area, next to a copy of Guns and Bullets.
- Tulip in Underworld may sell one.
- Lucky Harith may have one, especially after investing in him during the unmarked quest Merchant Empire.
- During the quest The Nuka-Cola Challenge, if you get the Nuka-Cola Clear formula from the Nuka-Cola plant and go to the Red Racer factory, a man named Ledoux carries one.
- Olney sewers in the room with the workbench on a table to the right.
- On the top-left shelf behind Knight Captain Durga in the Citadel armory.
- Tobar carries a 44. scoped Magnum. If Tobar is still essential, it can be acquired by starting a fight with him and then shooting the gun out of his hands.
- In the northeastern part of Point Lookout, next to a skeleton, two frag mines, and two ammunition boxes.
- Desmond's Panic Room. In
- Presidential metro, at the top of a set of stairs covered in rubble, the Magnum is at the top of one of these flights. It is advised to have the Pip-Boy light on, or ask Dogmeat to sniff it out, as the weapon blends in quite easily with the rubble and can be hard to spot. In the
- Mobile base crawler. In one of the storage areas in level 2 of the
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Lord Humungus, the villain from the film Mad Max 2, wields a scoped .44 Magnum identical to the one in the game during the scene where he tries to stop Max from reaching the settlers with the truck.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Playstation 3 Xbox 360 When zooming in and waiting at the same time, the right and left part of the screen will turn into a sky blue, while the effects of looking through the scope will be missing. [verified]