|For an overview of all gloves in the Fallout series of games, see Gloves.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The scientist glove is a plain blue rubber safety glove, presumably worn by the scientists that worked at the Big Mountain facility before the war to protect their hands from dangerous chemicals. Despite its seemingly mundane appearance, it does a reasonable amount of damage.
V.A.T.S. Special Attacks[edit | edit source]
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||84||20||4.2||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||46.2||20||2.31||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The scientist glove can successfully strike about 245 times from full condition before breaking.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Corrosive glove - a rare variant found in the Z-43 innovative toxins plant and on a unique spore plant, Dionaea Muscipula, near the Signal Hills transmitter.
- Sterilizer glove - a rare red version of this glove. It is found just behind a barrier in the Y-17 medical facility and on Super-Ego.
- Dr. Mobius' glove - a unique variant found in the Forbidden Zone, on a table in the same room as Dr. Mobius.
- Dr. Klein's glove - a unique variant found in Higgs Village, in House #101.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Dr. Klein's glove||34||46.4||-5 EW/30s|
|Dr. Mobius' glove||28||38.2||-5 EW/30s|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab - Located on the operation table in the big room.
- Mysterious cave - On a table in a southeast section.
- Higgs Village - House #102 - In a footlocker on 2nd floor.
- Sold by Sink Central Intelligence Unit.
Gallery[edit | edit source]