The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Scavengers are wastelanders that roam the Commonwealth, looking for anything of value to salvage and sell. While they are not always openly hostile, they are much more territorial than their counterparts in the Capital Wasteland and will often engage in combat if approached too closely. Since they often turn hostile when approached, they generally cannot be spoken or traded with by the Sole Survivor. Occasionally they may appear as random encounters next to broken robots, planning to scavenge them.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: weapons, ammunition, aid, armor/clothing, junk items|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Undershirt & jeans
|Pipe gun||.38 rounds
- At the General Atomics Galleria after completing Galleria.
- At the USS Constitution in the quest Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution.
- Random encounters around The Commonwealth.
- Collaring Outside the Lines Encountered during the quest
- Scavengers are drawn from a character pool that is similar to, yet distinct from, settlers. One difference between the two groups is their inventory.
- According to Creation Engine, the character pool used by the scavengers is called "LCharScavenger" and the character models are randomized from the list of EncWorkshopNPCFemaleFarmer, EncWorkshopNPCFemaleGuard, EncWorkshopNPCMaleFarmer, EncWorkshopNPCMaleGuard actors included in the pool.
- Modifying their aggression actor value through console commands does not prevent them from becoming hostile due to their hostility being tied to a [sustained] proximity trigger.
Scavengers appear only in Fallout 4.