Fallout Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
“Antony took Sergeant Teddy away and gave him to the stinky dogs. I want him back!”— Melody
|Unmarked Quest: Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy|
|Talk to Melody and with a Speech check learn about her teddy bear|
|Fight Antony's dogs for the bear.||Use Legion fame or the Animal Friend perk to take the bear from Antony.||Kill or pickpocket Antony for the bear.|
|Give Melody the bear.||Tear the bear in half in front of Melody.|
|Reward: Good Karma||Reward: Bad Karma and Legion fame|
- Talk to Melody, a child slave at the Fort. With 50 Speech or an Intelligence of 3 or lower, one can learn that her teddy bear, Sergeant Teddy, was taken from her.
- Find Antony and agree to fight a few of his dogs in the Legion arena in exchange for the bear. This can be avoided if one has good reputation with the Legion. The player character may also pickpocket the bear from Antony or kill him for it. Alternatively:
- If the player character has the Animal Friend perk they can make Antony give them the bear straight away, although he will comment that it's "no fun".
- With a 50+ Barter skill, one can mention that he risks losing many good hound in a fight can be persuaded to put two dogs against the player character, instead of four.
- upon obtaining Sergeant Teddy, return to Melody.
Behind the scenes
- The name of this quest is a reference to the film Saving Private Ryan.
- This quest is very similar to the quest Find Mr. Nixon in Fallout 2, where one finds a child's doll and has the option to brutalize it in front of the child in question.
If a fight is started at the Fort, occasionally Melody will flee to the fort's entrance. Along with all other characters, she can clip through the other side of the gate. The other side of the gate is in the same cell as the Fort's interior and the blip will appear on the compass. While an NPC is there, one can see them by looking through two holes in the walls on either side of the gate. [verified]
- To fix this jump on the boxes next to Antony and Lupa (if still alive), then on two wall parts on the right, and try to jump over the wall. After that go to drawbridge gate, jump on the wall parts to pass through the rock. Use third-person camera to use drawbridge gate, so the player character will enter Caesar's part of the Fort again (one is there already). Now Melody should be in the brahmin pen.
The dialogue option to end the conversation with Melody may not be present, forcing the player to revert to a previous save and rendering the quest unobtainable.
- On PC, this can be fixed by opening the console and entering resetquest 0011f9cf to reset the dialogue with Melody, which will allow for giving her the teddy bear.
- ED-E as an active companion, he may actually aid them in a fight, although an arena fight is supposed to be a "one vs many" combat. If the player character has
- Quest name from Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide