|For an overview of all mines, see Land mine.|
The satchel charge is a placed explosive, and functions like other land mines. However, it has a significantly shorter fuse than other types. Even player characters with a very high Explosives skill will set off enemy-placed charges almost immediately. It has a relatively large proximity detection, and disarming is often difficult as a result.
It is deceptively powerful for the simplicity of its construction, besting even the bottlecap mine, often crippling a limb upon detonation if one gets caught in the blast. The satchel charge also bests the bottlecap mine by being far easier to craft and using far more common materials. This is offset by higher Strength and skill requirements, as well as weight.
powder, pistol (25)
Sensor module (1)
Lonesome Road add-on
Satchel charge (1)
- The Divide - Found in various containers labeled "satchel charge box."
- Four boxes at Beast's location on the High Road, near the truck.
- Two boxes at Bonesaw's location, of which one is has an Average lock.
- Four boxes at the Courier's Mile.
- One box north of the Third Street Municipal Building, on the roof of a two-story building.
- One box southwest of the wastewater treatment plant, in a ruined building.
- One box just southeast of the waste disposal station, on the ground near a telephone pole.
- One box in Ulysses' Temple.
- Active satchel charges are placed in various locations in the Divide. These can be disarmed and collected by the player character.
- ED-E can provide three satchel charges a day after reaching rank 2 of the Camarader-E perk and passing an Explosives 35 check and passing an Explosives 65 check through dialogue with him.
- Carried by marked men.
- This is one of the very few weapons in the game that does not have the Vault Boy in its Pip-Boy icon.
- It can also be crafted inside the Sierra Madre in the Dead Money add-on.
Behind the scenes