This article is missing an image. You can help Nukapedia by uploading it.
Background[edit | edit source]
Sargento's gang was founded after the Great War. Details about their origins are sparse, though Glenn mentions that they operated in the Capital Wasteland for a time. Glenn, a "scrappy kid" at the time, attempted to steal food from the gang. He ended up in a fight with Sargento himself; Glenn lost, but Sargento was impressed and offered him a position in the gang as a caravan guard protecting the gang as they traveled from place to place.
At some point, Sargento's gang arrived in Appalachia and established an arena at the Watoga Civic Center. There, they conduct slavery and arrange arena fights. The slaves are forced to fight dangerous creatures while energetic raiders watch from the stands.
Sargento also wants to keep his clientele at the arena entertained, to the point of suggesting ridiculous or overly vague themes. He leaves notes for Carl Madeiros, a technician in the gang, with ideas for new match types. One of Sargento's suggestions was simply "chainsaws." When asked what this meant, Sargento only replied "Chainsaws! You know, grgzgzghghgh pow! Make it happen!"
Known members[edit | edit source]
Gang members[edit | edit source]
- Sargento - leader
- Carl Madeiros - arena technician
- Glenn - arena guard
- Registration guard - arena guard
Slaves[edit | edit source]
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Sargento's gang play a role in the quest The Ol' Weston Shuffle, where the player character and Johnny Weston infiltrate the Civic Center to locate Hal Gleeson, who is being held captive as a slave there. If the player character loses a match, the raiders in the arena will turn hostile and the new objective will be to kill "the Firing Squad."
Notes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Glenn: "Funny story. I ran into Sargento and his gang out in the Capital Wasteland. I was just a scrappy kid at the time, and I stole cans of food from them. Got caught, and wound up in a fist-fight with the boss-man himself. I decked him hard with a sucker punch, but he laughed it off, and offered me a job as a caravan guard. When we settled here, I just kept at it. Only now, instead of keeping jerks away, I keep them in."
- Events of The Ol' Weston Shuffle
- Ideas for new match types
- Watoga Civic Center terminal entries; Civic Center tech terminal