The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Sarge was used by the Minutemen for a long time to guard their main base of operations, The Castle. In search of weapons, the Sole Survivor heads into the Castle tunnels with Ronnie Shaw to find a way to get into the West Bastion. Sarge is still active and hostile to any intruders, including the Sole Survivor and Ronnie Shaw (due to his IFF database being corrupted). Ronnie Shaw makes note of his demise, saying that it's a shame that they had to destroy him. Sarge is a standard Mk II sentry bot equipped with dual miniguns. Due to the nature of the close quarters, fighting him can be difficult.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a temporary companion.|
|This character is a permanent companion. They grant the - perk.|
|This character is a doctor.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: -|
|This character can repair items.||Repair cap: -|
|This character can modify weapons.||
|This character rents beds.||Cost: - caps.|
|This character starts quests.||
|This character is involved in quests.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|.45 round (varies)
5.56 round (varies)
Fusion core (2)
- It's possible that by backing into the previous hallway after waking Sarge, that Sarge will not follow, allowing you to 'peek the corner' to take shots and/or throw grenades before retreating again.
- If you defeat Sarge before starting Old Guns, Ronnie Shaw will mention that she is surprised Sarge is still down there, as well as the fact that she felt sorry for whoever woke him up.
- Sarge can corner the player, and will keep on using melee attacks. This can drain health fast, sometimes faster than a stimpak can heal the player (pending game difficulty settings).
- If you have upgraded your Robotics Expert skill you can initially prevent Sarge from attacking you by hacking him before he has deployed fully. However he may tell you that his Minuteman database is corrupted and will enable his defensive protocol making him hostile. Talking/hacking Sarge after the initial hack can prevent this, allowing you to effectively control Sarge. You can also make Sarge self-destruct or shut him down.
- Even if hacked to be shut down or given friendly commands, it is impossible to continue the Old Guns quest with him still alive. Indeed, if hacked to be given friendly commands, Ronnie will still fire at Sarge, turning it instantly hostile to Ronnie, though not to the Sole Survivor. Thus, he still needs to be destroyed, either through a self destruct command or by being destroyed by weaponry.
Sarge appears only in Fallout 4.