Sarah grew up in Vault 21. Like her brother, she suffers from agoraphobia and, as such, rarely leaves the vault. After Mr. House took control of the vault and made known his plans to evict the residents and seal it with concrete, Sarah and her brother convinced him to spare the upper level. With Mr. House's acceptance, Sarah won the ability to remain in her home, now converted into a hotel and gift shop with her as the proprietor. Sarah's brother was allowed to stay nearby, now working out of a warehouse immediately next door. Sarah and her brother seem to keep in touch via e-mail despite their physical proximity, likely due to the extreme discomfort both would experience from being outside even for the short trip between structures.
As vault suits are extremely popular items for the gift shop, Sarah is always on the lookout for extra stock. The player character can help her with this through the unmarked quest Suits You, Sarah. She can also be affected by the "Lady Killer" perk. Before accepting the "Suits You, Sarah" quest, if the Courier's speech skill is high enough (65 and 75), they can convince her to have sex with them as a part of the deal.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: miscellaneous items|
|This character rents beds.||Cost: Free if liked enough, otherwise 40/10 caps.|
|This character is romanceable.||
Requires completing Suits You, Sarah
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- With a barter check of 65, she will accept Boomer jumpsuits along with vault jumpsuits. They will not count towards the 30 jumpsuits.
- If one kills Mr. House, the Courier can mention it to Sarah. She'll be delighted that she now technically owns the vault, but it otherwise has no effect on her unmarked quest.
- Through certain dialogue options and after giving her the 30 jumpsuits, she can be propositioned for sex, at which point she will tell the player character she will meet them in their room. Sarah will have sex with the Courier regardless of their gender.
- Suits You, Sarah: Sell her one vault jumpsuit at a time, gaining Vegas fame and 30 caps for each. Eventually, her greeting will change to "if it isn't the Vault Explorer" to finally "Hey I've missed you." After bringing 30 jumpsuits or equivalent, an option to meet Sarah and rest together with become available. Companions must be instructed to wait elsewhere.
- Tourist Traipse: Ask Sarah for the tour of Vault 21 and she will happily oblige.
- I Could Make You Care: During the search for the Euclid's C-Finder, Sarah tells the player character that a man with a 'strange metal collar' already purchased it.
- If the player character insults her in any way she will become angry and say she "doesn't have to take that shit from anyone."
- Sarah has a picture of James and Catherine on the wall next to her bedside dresser, although their likeness is likely recycled from Fallout 3 assets.
- Sarah refuses to rent the player character a room if one has a negative Strip reputation. She also refuses if one's reputation is at Wild Child. Because of this, it's possible to be locked out of renting by raising Strip reputation (going from Soft-Hearted Devil to Wild Child).
- After having sex with her, she will stay asleep in the bed with her Vault 21 jumpsuit unequipped and will only reequip it after she wakes up. This means if the player character pickpockets her, they can take the Vault 21 jumpsuit and she will remain in her underwear indefinitely. This leaves the option to dress her however one pleases, as she will equip any clothing item in her inventory.
- Sarah is essential to Classic Inspiration; her death will make it impossible to complete that quest, due to her brother becoming despondent at her demise.
- Sarah seems to have an attraction to leather suits, partly increasing her desire for them to be collected in Suits You, Sarah.
Sarah appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- If you take her tour with companions, they may disappear and not reappear when you exit the Vault. Reload a previous save. [verified]
- After having sex with her and waking her up, she will have a different voice than normal. This also occurs when she greets the player in passing (without engaging in dialogue). This glitch may also occur at the end of a transaction. [verified]
- It is possible for her to not recognize that you have Vault 21 or Vault 19 suits in your inventory to give to her. The same problem can occur with any type of Vault suit if you are withdrawing them one at a time from a companion's inventory, but these issues can be fixed by exiting and re-entering the gift shop. [verified]
- If you pick the dialogue option to initiate sex with her without first getting the key to the hotel room, you will no longer be able to interact with her beyond a pre-programmed response; this includes getting the key to the hotel room. [verified]
- If you play a character with speech abilities high enough to use all the dialogue options (and you do it when you meet her for the first time), you possibly won't be able to have sex with her whether you have delivered any quantity of suits or not. She may sound as if she's going to meet you in the room right away, but she will actually stay in the shop. [verified]
- If your skill levels are below what is necessary to pass the two speech checks to initiate sex with Sarah (65 and 75), using chems (alcohol or Mentats) or skill books (Meeting People) may cause the dialogue options to disappear. [verified]
- Sometimes, when she comes to your room to have sex, she spawns with no hair. [verified]
- Steal mode reveals her having beer, bubblegum and crunchy mutfruit among other things. However, it can't be stolen (or taken from her corpse). The GECK classifies it as cut content as all items have a 0 count. Despite this, items pickpocketed from Sarah count towards the Artful Pocketer achievement/trophy.[verified] Opening Sarah's inventory by getting into
- Changing Sarah's clothes (after stealing her vault jumpsuit) will cause her to wear the last clothing permanently, as the clothing will disappear from her inventory. [verified]