Background[edit | edit source]
Born in 2255, Silver was a prostitute who worked for Colin Moriarty in Megaton before they had a falling out and she ran off with her share of her earnings (or so she says), deciding to hide out in Springvale. Moriarty claims that she is nothing more than a Psycho junkie who conned him out of his earning by hightailing it to Springvale with all the chems she said she would supply him, but she is convinced otherwise. She told Moriarty that she was done hooking and was taking the caps she had earned fair and square; she even slept with him to seal the deal. The next morning Moriarty told her she could not leave, but she grabbed her caps and ran for it. Whoever is right, one thing is certain: Silver's life is miserable. Disgusted by her unsavory past, she has gotten hooked on Psycho trying to suppress the memories.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Following in His Footsteps, 300 Pieces of Silver: Moriarty will ask the Lone Wanderer to kill her in return for information about their dad. The choice is to either really kill her, get a varying amount of caps from Silver to pay her debt, or tell Moriarty she is gone without taking any caps from her (which will earn good Karma). Upon her death she will have 100 bottle caps if the Wanderer offered to tell Moriarty she is gone with no reward or 400 bottle caps otherwise.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible for the Lone Wanderer to receive the caps from Silver even if Moriarty has not asked the player character to collect them yet.
- No Karma will be lost for killing her if she is first told "calm down, before I put you down."
- If the Lone Wanderer asks her if she still offers her services, she will scowl at them.
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Who knows? Shoot myself up 'till I forget who I am? The Wasteland sucks, kid. Just get used to it."
- "That sack of shit is convinced that I'm some crazy junkie who stole money from him!"
- "Well, you're not getting a damn thing from me! You hear me?! Not a damn thing!"
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sara Silver appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If one agrees to tell Moriarty she is gone before talking to Moriarty, he may spawn into an inaccessible area; see his own article for tips on fixing the problem on the PC version (console players cannot fix the problem). [verified]
- Xbox 360 Sometimes when the Wanderer meets Silver for the first time she interacts as though they have already met making the quest "300 Pieces of Silver" impossible to do or start. [verified]
References[edit | edit source]
- First name taken from G.E.C.K., AI package (FreeformMegatonSaraSilverSandbox)
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.97: "Silver
Silver, 22, was a prostitute who worked for Colin Moriarty in Megaton before they had a falling out. She ran away with her share of her earnings (or so she says) and is hiding out in Springvale, just outside of Vault 101. Silver is now a pitiful Psycho junkie and lives her life in constant fear of reprisal from Moriarty. Her name comes from her very light blond, almost silvery hair."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)
- The Lone Wanderer: "Sure, anything to get the information."
Colin Moriarty: "Eager, eh? Good... I like that. It's nice to have a doer in this shithole of a town for a change. This junkie bitch named Silver borrowed quite a few caps from me... claimed she could start funneling Jet and Psycho to me for a good price. Problem is she scrammed with the loot and set herself up in Springvale so she can inject herself into a stupor. Get the caps she owes me and they're yours. Yours to pay me with anyway. He he he he he."
(Colin Moriarty's dialogue)
- The Lone Wanderer: "Slow down. Tell me your side of the story."
Sara Silver: "Look, I used to work for that slob. Doing... you know... favors for guys. Well, I got sick and tired of it. I told Moriarty I'm taking my share of the caps and leaving. I even slept with the pig to seal the deal. Next morning he tells me I couldn't leave. So I bolted. I took my money and ran. Now he's branded me a thief and a junkie and sent his cronies to find me. I guess I need a new hiding place."
- The Lone Wanderer: "Just hand over the caps, and I'll be out of your way."
Sara Silver: "Owe HIM some caps? He's a liar! He just wants you to kill me! Those caps are mine, fair and square."
- The Lone Wanderer: "I don't know. Maybe Moriarty's right and you're just a junkie."
Sara Silver: "Look... I feel awful about what I used to have to do for a living, okay? I use the Psycho to make the memories go away. Who the hell are you to judge me? Tell Moriarty he can take his fucking caps and shove them up his ass!"
- The Lone Wanderer: "What will you do now?"
Sara Silver: "Who knows. Shoot myself up until I forget who I am? The Wasteland sucks, kid. Just get used to it."