Saint Monica's Church is a Catholic church in Rivet City, run by Father Clifford and his acolyte Diego. The church is one of the few that can be found in the wasteland, as many standing churches were destroyed or abandoned following the Great War.
Background[edit | edit source]
Father Clifford tells the story of Saint Monica as follows:
Layout[edit | edit source]
The church is located on the midship deck. It is a medium sized rectangular room with several rows of pews made from old benches and a podium at the front where Father Clifford gives his sermons. There is also a small room at the back of the church which serves as Father Clifford's personal quarters, and both he and Diego reside there. The door to this room is locked with a Very Easy lock.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Father Clifford informs the Lone Wanderer that Saint Monica is the patron saint of lost children, and this is a major focus of Clifford's theology.
- If the Lone Wanderer is caught attempting to break into the donation box Father Clifford and Diego will become hostile towards them.
- If the Lone Wanderer tells Father Clifford that Diego has been sleeping with Angela Staley and then listens to their conversation, Clifford will tell Diego that he is going to Purgatory, a place in which the souls of the dead are purified before going to heaven, which has traditionally been a teaching of the Catholic Church.
- This is one of two locations where one can donate caps to gain good Karma quickly. Father Clifford only accepts donations in lots of 100 bottle caps (for 100 Karma).
- Although there is a donation box, Father Clifford holds donated caps on his person, and therefore they can be stolen back at the (disproportionate) Karma loss of a single instance of stealing, compared to the 100 Karma per 100 bottle caps donated. One can also still donate if their Karma is already positive 1,000.
- Non-player characters are scripted to come to this church every Sunday morning to hear Father Clifford's sermon.
- Angela and Diego will be married here if the Lone Wanderer convinces Diego to do so.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Saint Monica's Church appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
St. Monica is based on the real world saint of the same name.