Infobox incomplete (ref ID)
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
According to Beckett, Sage lived with him in the past, with Beckett respecting and loving Sage, although the two were incompatible. However, Sage was involved in chemistry, being a chemist in the past, and continuing to invent and use his own chems, gaining profound information out of using them. By the time of Becketts indoctrination into the Blood Eagles, Sage had become a violent murderer and thief, continuing to use chems until his brain nearly rotted, which led to huge changes in his mentality and a penchant for joining various cults. These cults included one which worshiped Tatos and one which believed that everyone lived inside a terminal or AI program. None of his stays have lasted more than a month before Beckett is forced to bail him out. Most recently, he has fallen in with the Cult of the Mothman and once again needs rescue.
He has a habit of running off, but mysteriously still finds his way to where he is needed, even being able to reach Beckett simply upon his name being called for a length of time. Despite his constantly addled state, he is surprisingly perceptive and knowledgeable, although his words often come off as muddled. In addition to his own cryptic wisdom, Sage also is familiar with many others who "see and hear things differently," which provides him with additional potential insight.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- After returning to Beckett at the end of Traitor's Demise, Sage points to the "heart" of the Blood Eagles - their modified Buffout supply - at Hawke's Refuge as Beckett's best target, thus starting the next quest, Supply and Demand.
- After returning to Beckett at the end of Needs of the Many, Sage can be found talking to Beckett, hinting at the status of his brother Frankie. Beckett takes this to mean that he is being held captive by The Claw, leading him to call in favors with Ronny and Edwin's gang to investigate.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- Vault Dweller: "And how does Sage know this?"
Beckett: "I used to live with Sage a long time ago. I still love him dearly. We weren't really compatible, but... I respect him and the way he thinks. Having said all of that... Shit, I have no clue how he gets his information. Even back then he would just sit straight up at night and suddenly say something profound. And then go back to sleep and never know it happened. And look. The answer is: he took a ton of chems. Chems you and I haven't even heard of. Chems he probably invented himself. I mean... he used to be a chemist. I guess. Or maybe he still is? But his brain reacted... differently. And this is the result. So... I don't have an answer for you other than this: he just does."
- Vault Dweller: "Well... who is this person, exactly?"
Beckett: " "
- Vault Dweller: "What kind of a cult are we talking about here?"
Beckett: " "
- Vault Dweller: "[Intelligence 8+] Are you sure Sage WANTS to be rescued?"
Beckett: " All I know is the more he experiments, the more it's messing with his mind. Trust me, you'll see."
- Beckett: " "
- Vault Dweller: "Where's Sage? Don't tell me he's in another cult."
Beckett: "Hard to say, but... usually when I stand outside and howl his name for an hour or so, he tends to show up. Don't worry, I won't do that when you're around. I promise."
- Sage: " "
- Vault Dweller: "You sure Sage will have information about Frankie?"
Beckett: "He knows a lot of people who see and hear things differently than you and I. And sometimes those things are meaningful. So... maybe? Doesn't hurt to ask."