Background[edit | edit source]
Roy is a pre-War ghoul that is the leader of a group of fellow ghoul dissidents living inside the Warrington Metro Station tunnels. They have decided to try to force Mr. Allistair Tenpenny into letting them move into his tower, after their attempts to peacefully pay to be let in were met with bigotry and threats.
As an ex-cop with a no-nonsense, black-and-white world view that has carried over into his new life as a ghoul, he has come to terms with his ghoulhood and yet demands that humans treat ghouls with respect. He has no patience for bigots. Bessie Lynn is his ghoulfriend.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Tenpenny Tower: Speaking to Roy Phillips is one of two ways to start the quest.
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- Depending on how the Lone Wanderer handles the quest Tenpenny Tower, Roy may reside there.
- Getting Roy into the tower peacefully makes him eventually kill everyone inside (besides the ghouls and Shakes). This includes Allistair Tenpenny, Herbert Dashwood and the security personnel.
- If the Wanderer completes the Tenpenny Tower quest before doing The Power of the Atom, and chooses to destroy Megaton in the latter, Roy will have a short discussion with Burke on Tenpenny's balcony. After expressing shock at Burke's ability to infiltrate the tower, he warms up considerably when he learns of Burke's plan to blow up "that smoothskin shithole."
- Upon letting the feral ghouls into the tower, it is possible that Roy will be killed by security personnel.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Even by asking Roy about the human residents, then finding the bodies in the storage room, then asking Roy about the killings, Karma is still lost if he is killed.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Leather armor||Assault rifle or
10mm submachine gun or
Chinese assault rifle
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "You can tell Tenpenny he can kiss my ass! We've got plenty of bottle caps! Let me in, goddamnit!"
- "I got no compassion left for those mindless freaks. But they were a nice deterrent keeping out smoothskin bastards like yourself."
- "I already got a plan. They think I'm a monster. I'll show them the real monsters! We'll unleash our feral brethren on them; all those bigoted sons-of-bitches will get torn apart. Trouble is getting past the damn subway access door! You see, there's some kind of escape door that leads from the Tenpenny basement to the subway tunnels. There must be some way to get that open."
- "Not sure where you come from kid, but out here in the Wasteland, everything's up for grabs. And you only get to keep what you can hold onto. Tenpenny didn't build that tower. He found it. And took it from whoever used to own it. Now we're gonna take it from him. We tried playing nice, but they shot at us. Fuck 'em. It's time for them and their bigot ways to die."
- "Uh-huh? Fine, whatever. Being a Ghoul ain't anything worse than any other thing somebody's got to deal with. Like your stupidity, for example. You can't help it. You were born stupid, or dropped on your head as a kid. Either way it ain't nothing you can change. So you deal with it."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Roy Phillips appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If you kill him the very first time you see him at Tenpenny Tower, the guard at Tenpenny's entrance will still ask you to kill him and even pay you for that. [verified]
- Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If feral ghouls follow you back into Roy's room, he and his followers will turn hostile, thereby allowing you to kill them with no loss in Karma. [verified]