“Hey campers, lights out!”
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Essentially, it's a portable bed, allowing you to sleep wherever, whenever (except inside buildings).
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Above the Hopeville missile silo bunker west entrance behind a blue car. (Above and behind you as you exit and are first addressed by Ulysses)
- At the ruined highway interchange alongside a wrecked motorcycle and two deathclaws.
- One is located southeast of the Ashton silo control station, in one of the concrete huts next to the collapsed house with the supplies in it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Does not allow the Well Rested bonus unless you take the Roughin' It perk, and sleep outside a building.
- In normal mode, the bed can be used to heal your wounds and crippled limbs far easier outside of combat.
- In Hardcore mode, the bed can be used to reduce your sleep deprivation away from a bed.
- The bedroll is accessed through your Pip-Boy under the aid category; simply selecting the bedroll, then exiting the Pip-Boy will open the sleep time length.
- You can only use this outside; attempting to use it indoors will trigger a message saying that it is only approved for outside use.
- When entering The Fort, the bedroll kit is taken from the player, being considered as an aid item.
- When the unique miscellaneous item version at the Ruined highway interchange is picked up, it changes to a consumable, as its value changes to that of the consumable.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC The kit may not work if there is more than one in your inventory (including that of any followers in the area with you). The "Lights Out!" dialogue will pop up but the sleep menu never appears. When this happens, it is necessary to drop all but one and then travel to another location in order to get the remaining one to work.[verified]
- PC Sometimes, the bed won't allow you to sleep for no reason. No message is displayed either.[verified]
- PC Xbox 360 Sometimes, when your limbs are damaged/crippled, the bed won't restore them to full condition. Attempting to use it again may fix the problem.[verified]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.