During the Broken Mask incident of 2229, Roslyn Chambers was with her parents in Diamond City. A generation 3 synth, known as Mr. Carter, malfunctioned, pulled out a gun and began killing individuals in the vicinity. Chambers' parents were murdered in the attack in front of her, leaving her grief-stricken.
The incident had a profound impact on her life, causing extreme paranoia regarding the Institute and its spies. Her life's work revolves around identifying and completely eradicating synths. Dr. Chambers insists that regardless of the brutality and controversy of her work, her mission is for the greater good of all mankind.
Prior to 2287, Dr. Roslyn Chambers and her colleagues arrived in the town of Covenant, just east of Lexington. She had intentions to turn the town into a refuge for families that suffered at the hands of the Institute. The doctor and her team persuaded the local residents to assist her in goals in cleansing the region of synths. She saw to the construction of a laboratory in the local sewers, where she and her team worked to discover and flush out suspected Institute agents. Their base of operations became known as the Compound.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Human Error: Dr. Chambers has imprisoned Amelia Stockton in the Compound. She will explain her motives and the history of the Compound and the Covenant to the Sole Survivor, and ask them to side with her. If her offer is actively refused, or if Amelia is released, the Covenant faction will become hostile, along with everyone else in the Compound. Although Dr. Chambers will invite the Sole Survivor to kill her, she herself will not initiate violence, and she will remain in the Compound if she is not killed.
Roslyn Chambers appears only in Fallout 4.
- Sole Survivor: "What happened to you?"
Roslyn Chambers: "In Diamond City, a lifetime ago, my parents and eight others were massacred by someone. At first we thought the maniac was human. But that was the day we learned of the Institute's latest creations. The synths. As long as the Institute walks invisibly amongst us, they strike without warning and control us from the shadows."
(Roslyn Chambers' dialogue)
- Fallout 4 loading screens: "In the year 2229, a mysterious visitor to Diamond City killed several people. It was only after he was shot dead by city security that the stranger was revealed to be a synth. The people of the Commonwealth have feared the Institute ever since."
- Roslyn Chamblers: "I've dedicated my life to devising a test to detect these hidden synths. To root them out, so they can be extinguished."
(Roslyn Chamber's dialogue)
- Roslyn Chambers: "Covenant is many things. A refuge for the broken people left in the wake of the Institute's rampages. A place of safety and healing. But most importantly it is our one chance to end this age of paranoia."
(Roslyn Chamber's dialogue)