Initially thought by the Vault 76 overseer to be a human that had sheltered themselves away at the apex of the Top of the World ski resort and thus survived the ravages of the Scorched Plague, the resident that eventually makes their way to the observation deck finds that Rose is not what the Overseer had in mind.
Rose is a heavily modified Miss Nanny and self-proclaimed leader of the Appalachian raider gangs. Her behavior and voice are based on that of long-deceased raider Rosalynn Jeffries, the mistress of former Cutthroats leader, David Thorpe. Her exterior has shown many signs of customization, such as a scrap metal 'mohawk', wrapped chains, and various 'tattoos' painted on her chassis.
Thorpe sealed away several old memory banks within her, modifying her original Rosalyn programming.
Even with the raiders returning in 2103, Rose plans to remain at the Top of the World, for several reasons: Leaving the landmark would be tantamount to betraying David; the Toxic Valley white powder would be hell on her filters; and perhaps most importantly, Meg would likely trash her on the spot if she ever came back.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- She offers the player character tips of dubious usefulness, canned recruitment drives, and stories that give greater insight into the worldview of the raiders that once terrorized Appalachia.
- Rose broadcasts her personal radio channel from the Top of the World. The range of the channel is expanded once the player character completes Signal Strength. Upon beginning the quest, she starts broadcasting a new radio signal to keep tabs on the resident, though she mostly uses it to mockingly fake stereotypical radio broadcasts.
- She sends the Vault 76 resident on various tasks both for practical purposes, as well as her own cruel amusement. This includes giving the player character a test to become a raider, as well as assisting them with finding a special raider stash.
- Signal Strength: Rose requests the player character repair a radio for her in exchange for access to the Top of the World uplink chamber
- Flavors of Mayhem: Rose will task the player character with learning the tactics used by the five raider gangs that once existed in Appalachia to see which works the best.
- Key to the Past: Rose needs help locating five holotape key fragments dispersed among the five raider gangs to access a cache of supplies.
- The Missing Link: Rose has information about Hank Madigan but will not divulge it until the resident assists her with various tasks.
- Reassembly Required: The player character must search for a holotape for Rose in the desk of Abbie to convince Rose to help set up the communications uplink.
- Strange Bedfellows: Rose is instrumental in getting to the new raider leader at the Crater.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
- In Top of the World, a holotape recording between David Thorpe and Rosalynn Jeffries can be found. In it, Rosalynn speaks in a mock robotic voice after David orders her around, to which he replies stating she is not a robot. Ironically, Rosalynn's behavior and voice are later used to create Rose.
- Despite being heavily modified in both appearance and programming, certain parts of her default Ms. Nanny programming affect Rose, such as wanting to give the Resident a bath, and possibly compassion for human beings.
- If one examines Rose's idle animations, she will seemingly lift a bottle of beer to her central sphere as if drinking it and inject Psycho into her own robotic chassis.
PC If one fast-travels to a C.A.M.P. immediately after speaking with Rose to start Key to the Past, it is possible for a piece of her direct radio transmission dialogue (specifically "MTNL01_Raiders_EBSTopic_LeavingRose") to play multiple times during this quest. This occurs when fast-traveling to a a C.A.M.P. or joining a world while at one.[verification overdue]
- ↑ Strange Bedfellows
- ↑ Rose: "Look, I don't want to be rude, but besides getting us what we need, there's another reason I want you hurry up and get outta here. You're kind of stinking up the place real bad. I know it's a wasteland out there, but the parts of me that are still Miss Nanny really want to give you a bath, and I am not comfortable with that."
- ↑ Rose: "
(Rose's dialogue) I just wanted you out of the way so I could get first dibs at the loot. Least I'm honest about it, right? I couldn't even shake it out of him, and believe me, I tried! It's all yours if you can figure something out. "