She's the bar maid of the Rose's Bed and Breakfast (although not the owner). Her specialty is the wasteland omelets.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: food|
Kill the "chicken": The fenced-off building to the left of the Bed & Breakfast with the rocks piled in front of the door is the "chicken" coop where Rose gets the eggs for her omelets. Kill the "chicken," which turns out to actually be a deathclaw, and Rose will no longer sell omelets.
- At Rose's Bed & Breakfast the Chosen One can order some meals; the selection is tied to a scrapped mechanic:
- Water ($1000), comes with a cookie.
- Wasteland omelet ($25), completely restores health and removes poisoning. With an Intelligence below 4, the Chosen One can get a free omelet every time they speak to Rose (but nothing else).
- Canis burgers ($7), made with actual dogs.
- Brahmin fries ($5), and can enter a brahmin fries-eating competition. If they break the record they will become poisoned - the fries are really brahmin testicles.
- Brahmin dogs ($5)
- Shepherd's stew ($3)
- If Cornelius dies, Rose will not talk to the player anymore.
- Rose's great-niece Jas Wilkins can be encountered by the Courier in Sloan in Fallout: New Vegas. During dialogue it is revealed that Rose taught Jas the recipe to make wasteland omelets using deathclaw eggs, however, those omelets ceased to be made in Modoc when "someone" shot Rose's pet deathclaw in the eye.
Behind the scenes
- The ability to order meals from Rose is tied to the scrapped survival mechanic:
- Water would count as a drink (5 points of satiation)
- Shepherd's stew as a snack (10 points)
- Brahmin fries and dogs as either a light or medium meal (25 or 50 points)
- Canis burgers as large meals (75 points)
- The omelet as a huge meal (90 points)
- McJonny.msg - Line, 203