The Rook family has resided in this location for generations, spanning back before the Great War. One descendant remains, a capable man by the name of Barney Rook, who currently protects the house and surrounding town from threats.
The exterior consists of a fence around the ruined two-story family house, the fenced gate, which is unlocked by Barney Rook after beginning the Gun Run quest and a veranda at the back of the house. Up the stairs on the first floor, is an armor workbench. The second floor is Barney's vantage point and has a fusebox, which is used by Barney to unlock the gate.
The access hatch to Barney's bunker can be found to the right after entering the building. There's a radio on the stand near the bed that emits only static. The locked door in the southwest corner can be unlocked with Barney's key after completing the associated quest. Behind the door, there's a weapons workbench.
- Guns and Bullets issue #5 - In the bunker on a desk along the south wall.
- Reba - Carried by Barney Rook.
- Reba II - In the bunker, behind a locked door (requires Barney's key). To the right of the workbench, on a cabinet.
The Rook family house appears only in Fallout 4.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Barney Rook may not exist, or already be dead upon arrival, therefore making the side quest impossible. However, you can still get into the house by jumping on the car on the left then jumping onto the little bit of roof at the front of the house. From there you can then jump over the gated area and loot Barney Rook (if he is dead) for his basement key.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One After talking to Barney Rook and accepting the sidequest, Barney may open the door to the room with Reba II allowing the player character to take the weapon without having first activated the turrets. [verified]
- ↑ Sole Survivor: "Barney, what happened here?"
Barney Rook: "Well, that's a long story. You sure you want to hear it?"
Sole Survivor: "Yes, I'm really interested."
Barney Rook: "Ok, I guess I've got a minute. My family's lived in this town going back generations. Far as I can tell, we've been here as long as it has. Even after the bombs dropped, my folks worked hard to keep the town together and drive out any threats. We did such a good job that before I was even born, this place was one of the safest towns in the commonwealth. And soon everyone forgot how to be cautious. I begged the town council to let me train the militia, to teach the citizens how to shoot and fend for themselves. But they thought I was just paranoid. I knew something was coming, I just didn't know what. And when the mirelurks started rising out of the ocean, no one was ready. I saved as many as I could, sniping crabbies from my roost upstairs. But for every one I saved, three were goners. That was a couple of year ago . Ever since then, I've vowed to protect this town, and I don't plan on breaking that vow."
(Barney Rook's dialogue)
- ↑ Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 332: "[4.08] ROOK FAMILY HOUSE
Barney Rook was a keen survivalist and has defended his property with impressive fortitude. He is currently under Mirelurk attack."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)