Ronnie Shaw is a veteran officer of the Minutemen living in the Commonwealth in 2287. She contacts the Sole Survivor at the Castle via Radio Freedom or in person after the mission Taking Independence.
Ronnie Shaw is one of the few remaining veterans of the Minutemen, and has been around since long before Preston Garvey, Colonel Ezra Hollis or even General Becker, since 2240 at the earliest. When General Joe Becker was killed in 2282 and internal strife began, she gave up being a Minuteman for a time, but will join up again if the Sole Survivor retakes the Castle. It is also shown that she heard about Quincy and Colonel Hollis, and Preston Garvey, but despite this, she did not answer the call for reinforcements put out by Hollis.
She explains to the Sole Survivor that, despite Preston's hasty decision to promote them to general, her respect must be earned and is not going to come just because of a title, as she has seen many Minutemen leaders come and go already.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: weapons (The Last Minute)|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Old Guns: Ronnie arrives at the Castle, curious about the current state of the Minutemen. She later accompanies the Sole Survivor in accessing the Castle's armory.
- Defend the Castle: She can be the one to start the quest, if she is spoken to when arriving at the Castle after completing both Form Ranks and Banished from the Institute. After the battle, she will give a speech to the remaining minutemen.
- Once Ronnie becomes a merchant after completion of Old Guns, she sells The Last Minute, a legendary variant of the standard Gauss rifle. She is also the only merchant in the game who sells mini nukes. She regularly has a supply of various laser muskets.
- Shaw is in effect a "Tier 4" or "expert" weapon trader. This means she has 100 caps more available than a Tier 3 weapon trader, in addition to her special inventory items. It also means that her non-unique caps and non-unique (Tier 1-3) inventory are shared with all player-created weapons traders.
- Shaw will only sell items during the day. At night, talking to her will open her inventory like normal settlers, which allows the player character to change her gear.
- When first meeting Ronnie, there is an option to brawl with her when asking "You were in the Minutemen?"
- Ronnie Shaw is the only named Minuteman not to wear any form of Minutemen apparel.
- Ronnie has Rank 3 of the Iron Fist perk, allowing her to deal 60% more damage with her fists, as well as giving her power attacks a 10% chance of crippling a limb.
- Ronnie has a unique perk that makes her take 25% less damage from attacks.
|The following is based on Fallout 4 cut content.|
- Ronnie Shaw had a cut dialogue about the mirelurk queen. She would ask how they send away the sea monster.
|End of information based on Fallout 4 cut content.|
Ronnie Shaw appears only in Fallout 4.
- Radio Freedom bug occurred. [verified]
The player character may be unable to assign or trade with Ronnie after completing Old Guns, talking to her only opening her inventory (like generic settlers). This bug may happen if the
- setpapyrusvar bAllowPlayerAssignment True, then click her and type addkeyword WorkshopAllowCommand. Fast traveling away from the Castle and back may be required before the console command's effect works, but once it does, she will resume her former dialogue and still offer her unique inventory, including laser muskets and The Last Minute. If this occurs, it is possible to restore her shop functions by assigning her to a constructed weapon shop. In the console, click on the store and type
- Old Guns.[verified]
When choosing the option to brawl Ronnie may permanently become hostile. After about 5–10 seconds she will draw her weapon stating "You're no Minutemen." Ronnie and the settlement will become permanently hostile forcing the player character to kill them all. Ronnie cannot be killed as she is marked essential. She will go into a downed state, but when she regains her health she will once again become hostile. If this happens the player character will not be able to continue the quest
- Reloading a save will not prevent this bug from occurring. The game must be closed completely (quit to desktop) and restarted to prevent this bug from appearing again.
- It is advised not to build structures such as foundations before Old Guns, due to Ronnie's navmeshing not being aligned with what will be built to her final destination before throwing smoke grenades.