Ronald Laren was born in 2244. After his wife died, he wandered the wasteland until settling in Girdershade. Living in proximity to Sierra Petrovita has made him feel even worse about being alone. His thoughts of loneliness are not as wholesome as most would think. Basically he misses the physical side of relationships. Feeling these urges, he's made several advances upon Sierra, who is completely oblivious to his motivations, because she is absorbed in her pursuit of Nuka-Cola. Ronald mistakes Sierra's rejection as being spurned, and this has angered him a great deal. Fortunately, he doesn't want to physically force himself on her but wishes to "get even" with her in other ways.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- The Nuka-Cola Challenge: Should one accept Sierra's mission to obtain Nuka-Cola Quantum for her, Ronald will attempt to convince the Lone Wanderer to give all the Quantums to him.
- Grady's Package: Ronald is the recipient of Grady's package, which is the naughty nightwear found in Marigold station. Depending on one's Speech and/or Barter skills, they can get him to pay up to 300 caps for it.
Effects of player's actions
- A female player character with the Black Widow perk can convince him to retrieve the Nuka-Cola Quantums for her, with the promise of a threesome with her and Sierra. Excited, Ronald will run off to the distant Nuka-Cola plant and die. If the Lone Wanderer then asks Sierra if he's been bothering her, she'll say she hasn't seen him in a while, but she's sure he'll come back. If the Lone Wanderer is able to escort Ronald safely to the Nuka-Cola plant, he will enter it, but remain standing just inside of the entrance.
- If the Lone Wanderer simply kills Ronald before he can die naturally, this speech option will still come up in conversation with Sierra.
- If the player character gives the Nuka-Cola Quantums to Ronald for The Nuka-Cola Challenge, he will attempt to woo Sierra with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer, but she fails to notice his obvious innuendo-laced words and instead interprets his behavior as an imminent marriage proposal.
- If the player character kills Sierra and speaks to Ronald, telling him she's dead will open up a variety of dialogue options. Among these are admitting to killing her and lying that the Nuka-Cola company had her assassinated.
- If the player character is male, he will act dismissive towards them. If the player character is female however, he will be flirtatious and compliment them.
- When asked about the surrounding area, he tells the Lone Wanderer to stay away from the nearby Dunwich Building to the south of Girdershade, claiming the place is "bad mojo."
Ronald Laren will not spawn until one has started The Nuka-Cola Challenge.
- "How do I put it? I'd love to do the horizontal bop with her... you know, plow her bean field. Come on, kid."
- "Sorry, darling. I'm on a mission of mercy... for me!"
- "When I look at you, I see two reasons that make me happy to be a man."
- "*Whistle* Whoa baby. Slow down a second."
- "Fine. Oh, and I wouldn't bother running back to Sierra and warning her about our little chat. She won't even understand what you're talking about. She may be a looker, but she's a bit vacant in the smarts department."
Ronald Laren appears only in Fallout 3.