Ron the Narrator is a character placeholder used to narrate sections of the game in Fallout: New Vegas.
Ron the Narrator cannot be seen in the game itself, but exists in the game files. If Testacles the Debug Centurion is spawned and the endgame slideshow is viewed using his dialogue options, Ron can be seen behind the curtain where the slideshow is being played. Attempting to talk to him will make the camera zoom in and then immediately back out, after which the slideshow will advance to the next slide.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character has no special interactions.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Legion centurion armor|
- Ron the Narrator is a placeholder non-player character for Ron Perlman's intro and ending narrations in Fallout: New Vegas.
- To easily talk to Ron the Narrator enter the following into the console then move back:
- prid 00161EB1 -- Select Ron the Narrator
- moveto player -- Move player at Ron the Narrator
- enableplayercontrols -- Allow player to move around
- Ron will not speak again after being knocked out.
- Ron being viewable at all in the debug is likely a tongue-in-cheek reference on the part of Obsidian's programming team to Frank L. Baum's Wizard of Oz. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."