“My communications are down and I can't call them back, but I can tell you where they are. If you're interested.”— Mechanist
|Automatron radiant quest: Rogue Robot|
|Talk to Ada.||Talk to Isabel.|
|Travel to the designated location.|
|Destroy the rogue robot.|
|Reward: 300+ XP|
This repeatable quest becomes available at the end of Restoring Order. The Sole Survivor must destroy one or more of the Mechanist's malfunctioning robots, before it causes any more damage to the people of the Commonwealth.
- South of Mass Pike Tunnel east
- East of Poseidon reservoir
- North of Chestnut Hillock Reservoir
- North of Fort Hagen satellite array
- North of Sunshine Tidings co-op
- East of Relay tower 0BB-915
- East of Gorski cabin
- East of Sanctuary Hills
- Southeast of Suffolk County Charter School
- West of Old Gullet sinkhole
- North of Boston Public Library
- North of Andrew station
- South of Wattz Consumer Electronics
- South of Cambridge crater
- East of Greentop Nursery
- West of Finch farm
- Northwest of Hangman's Alley
- Unlike all other radiant quests in the base game, this quest completes and its reward is dispensed immediately upon destruction of the target, as opposed to requiring the player character to return to the quest-giver for reward and completion.
- Not unlike other radiant quests, the Mechanist will sometimes say that she can not find any new signals and the player character should wait. To get around this, just talk with her again.
- Sometimes the robots will be attacking settlers, who may be recruited if they survive. This most often occurs at Fort Hagen satellite array and Hangman's Alley. Since the settlers can be sent to any settlement (barring Home Plate or Nuka-World raider settlements), regardless of the maximum population, this quest can be used to increase the population of a settlement indefinitely.
- Ada only gives this quest if one has killed Isabel at the end of Automatron.
Sometimes after killing the rogue robot, the quest will not complete and it will stay in the Pip-Boy. However, it is possible to talk to Ada or the Mechanist again, and after exhausting all other dialogue options, they will give you another quest which can be completed.[verified]
Using the following console commands will resolve the issue:
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantAssault01
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantAssault02
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantAssault03_Min
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantAssault04_Inst
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantAssault05_BOS
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantParent
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantScene01
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantScene02
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantTravel01
- CompleteQuest DLC01MQPostQuestRadiantTravel02
- Using the following console commands will resolve the issue:
- You may have to talk to Ada or the Mechanist several times before their dialogue will suggest another rogue robot.[verified]
- Sometimes there will be no robots, or corpses of said robots, at the location, so the quest completes upon reaching the quest marker.[verified]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.