|For the human, see Roger Warwick (human).|
When the Sole Survivor speaks with Janey, Roger's daughter, she says that her father is a lot nicer than he used to be. This change came when the human Roger Warwick was replaced with a synth built by the Institute some time before the Sole Survivor's arrival.
He is a key component of the bioscience division's testing of genetically modified seeds on the surface. Terminals located inside the bioscience wing of the Institute indicate that Roger, along with the crops, will be retrieved by the Institute. All evidence of the initiative will be purged, hence implying his family with the rest of the settlers at Warwick homestead will be terminated once the experiments have concluded.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Despite being a synth, Roger does not drop a synth component when killed.
- An unused voice type for Roger exists in the game's files, "NPCMRogerWarwick," though the NPC actually uses the "MaleEvenToned" voice type.
Roger Warwick appears only in Fallout 4.
- Building a Better Crop without acquiring Warwick Homestead: Greenskins, it will randomly appear and direct the player to talk to Preston Garvey. After doing so, the quest will remain in the player character's Pip-Boy indefinitely. [verified] If Roger Warwick is killed after obtaining Warwick homestead as a settlement through
- Building a Better Crop is completed before completing Warwick Homestead: Greenskins, one will not be able to interact with him aside from trading, resulting in the only way to finish the quest being killing him and returning to Preston Garvey. [verified] If
- targetID.moveto player and teleport Roger Warwick (ID: 00048ba9) to their position. [verified]
Roger can become stuck in a water tank at the settlement; this will cause him to be unable to be talked to. To fix this, if one has unlocked Warwick homestead as a settlement, they must first build a staircase leading out of the tank, ring a bell, wait an hour, and he should be free. If the settlement has not been unlocked, on PC, one can use the console command
- If one does not have Warwick homestead as a settlement, they can use power armor to jump inside the tank with him and walk "shove" him towards the broken catwalk. He will pop up out of the water long enough to give the player character the talk option and trigger the dialogue, therefore unlocking Warwick homestead as a settlement.
Sometimes Roger will spawn in the floor of his home. He cannot be interacted with while in this state. [verified]
- Reloading a save prior to rendering of the Warwick homestead can solve this issue.
- Leaving the area and coming back at a later time may solve this issue.
- Janey Warwick: "Do you mind if I ask you something? I need an honest opinion and I figure you've got no reason to lie to me."
Sole Survivor: "Sure, ask away."
Janey Warwick: "Okay, here goes. My question is... do you think a person can change? I mean, really change, like deep down?"
Sole Survivor: "Sure I do. The ability to change and adapt is a fundamental part of being human."
Janey Warwick: "I think you must be right. My dad's a good example. He used to drink all day and he never did any work, then one day, everything changed. He stopped drinking completely and started to work really hard, sometimes long past sunset. He suddenly seemed to care a lot more about what happened to the farm and to us. Honestly, it was nice."
Sole Survivor: "What do you think caused him to change? Did something happen?"
Janey Warwick: "We ran out of food after some Super Mutants wrecked the farm. We... almost didn't make it. I think it woke him up, you know? Snapped him out of it. I guess I just wanted to know it was normal, what happened to him. Thanks for helping me sort things out."
(Janey Warwick's dialogue)
- The Institute terminal entries; BioScience terminal, Warwick Homestead Initiative, Project Implementation
- Bill's letter: "The man you're after is called Roger Warwick, except he ain't actually a man at all, he's a damn synth spy. Those institute bastards grabbed the real Roger and they put this faker in his place. Well, they might of fooled Roger's wife and kids, but they ain't fooled me."