Guarding the bridge from Fairfax ruins is heavy-weapons specialist Rockfowl, who deals with regular raider incursions in a rather laid-back but extremely competent manner. His father was a voracious reader and named him after reading the Encyclopedia Atomica (Volume VIII Radiology-Saskatchewan).
Rockfowl claims to have no quarrel with Elder Lyons himself or with Lyons' branch of the Brotherhood, but simply sees Lyons' actions as a departure from their basic duties and therefore, not his style.
Defender Rockfowl patrols the highway overpass next to the entrance to Fort Independence.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
Effects of player's actionsEdit
Rockfowl will attack if the Lone Wanderer decides to start a fight with the Outcasts.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Outcast power armor
Outcast power helmet
or Gatling laser
|Fort Independence Access|
- Defender Rockfowl patrols the highway over the entrance to Fort Independence. Because this is very close to the raider-infested Fairfax ruins, Rockfowl may spot one of the raiders inside the ruins, causing him to run inside for a fight. This draws out all the other raiders and initiates a large firefight that the Defender may not survive without the player character's assistance.
- He is one of the rare named NPCs in the game that respawn after being killed.
- "We've got power armor and big guns and we're the ones doing the talking right now. Usually, that's all a person needs to know, and they stop asking questions. You going to stop asking questions, now?"
- "Defender Rococo Rockfowl, at your service. Might want to watch your head around here, miss."
- "Then I think we'd have a problem. And you don't want to be a problem around here. Protector Casdin, he says I got a real knack for solving problems."
Defender Rococo Rockfowl appears only in Fallout 3.
- ↑ The Lone Wanderer: "Rococo Rockfowl? How did you end up with a name like that?"
Rococo Rockfowl: " Encyclopedia Atomica, Volume VIII, Radiology - Saskatchewan. I must have read it about a thousand times. I wonder if they ever wrote a sequel?"
(Rococo Rockfowl's dialogue)
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.68: "Defender Rococo Rockfowl
Guarding the bridge from Fairfax Ruins is heavy-weapons specialist Rockfowl, who deals with regular Raider incursions in a rather laid-back but extremely competent manner. His father was a voracious reader and named him after reading the Encyclopedia Atomica (Volume VII Radiology-Saskatchewan)."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)