The rocky cave (also known as Virgil's laboratory) is a location in the Commonwealth in 2287. Brian Virgil has chosen this cave as his refuge, as it is deep within the Glowing Sea and out of the Institute's grasp.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The cave entrance is a small cavity in a larger rock structure that opens up to a wider passage. At the end of the passage lies an opening, guarded by turrets, to a chamber that has been furnished with laboratory equipment and a small living quarters.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Virgil's rifle - On Virgil's body if he is killed or pickpocketed.
- Tesla Science Magazine Issue #3 - On the desk next to the terminal.
- A mini nuke - Under a shelf beside the terminal inside.
- A Stealth Boy - On the shelf under which the mini nuke is.
- A Vault-Tec lunchbox - On the shelf next to the steamer trunk (taking contents is theft, but one may open and take the box itself).
- Super mutant aviator cap - On the third shelf directly to the right of the red steamer trunk.
- Super mutant bracers - On top of the coal cart.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Virgil will not be present until the quest The Glowing Sea is obtained.
- If any of the turrets or the protectron is destroyed prior, the quest The Glowing Sea will fail immediately upon re-entering the cave.
- The two turrets and protectron inside the cave are not hostile to the player character unless provoked.
- According to the terminal in the room, Virgil had tried to control his mutation but was unable to due to the lack of tools. The progress shows the characteristic of a super mutant. The logs also mentioned the "Children of the Atom".
- Outside the cave is a sleeping deathclaw.
- radscorpions may come up out of the ground before entering or after exiting the cave.
- All owned items will become free after finishing Virgil's Cure.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The rocky cave appears only in Fallout 4.