The rockets were given out by REPCONN, only to be recalled when children were reported to have contracted the "REPCONN Shakes" after drinking the highly radioactive Isotope-239 igniting agent, mistaking it for Nuka-Cola. In the wake of public outrage and a lack of demand for the toys, REPCONN dumped their surplus on nearby gift shops, where they have been sitting for over 200 years.
Moving into the close proximity of several rockets will register radioactivity on the Pip-Boy, but having large numbers of them in the inventory does not cause radiation damage.
- The rocket souvenir can be found or bought in the Dino Bite gift shop. After receiving the task to find the rockets from Chris Haversam, asking Cliff Briscoe to buy all his rockets will result in him offering to sell the storage room key. The room contains 160 rocket souvenirs, 280 Dinky the T-Rex souvenirs, and That Gun.
- 15 in REPCONN headquarters in the first-floor tour area, behind a Hard locked room.
- 150 rockets can be found in the upstairs Nuka-Cola vending machine in Mick & Ralph's.
- A single one can be found in a Jacobstown bungalow. It can be "grabbed" by the player character but cannot be placed into the inventory.
- Rocket souvenirs cannot be dropped, sold, or placed into any storage devices.
- PC users can use console commands to remove the items (player.removeitem 0008e665 *, where "*" is the quantity of the souvenirs), or remove the "quest item" flag (setquestobject 0008e665 0).
- Rocket souvenirs cannot be given to Mini Boomers after the Volare! quest is completed.
- It is possible to get an unlimited amount as Cliff will restock and sell one every 3 days.