Background[edit | edit source]
This junkyard received substantial shipments of derelict vehicles and defective robot prototypes before the Great War. The number of incoming robots was especially high due to several factory errors, including shipments of protectrons with only their torsos, eyebots that had no visual sensors and mentally-deficient robobrains. As of 2287, the combat sentry bot prototype MkIV and rusting vehicle hunks are all that remain.
The aforementioned machine has a very shady past. On October 15, 2077, a group of men in all black dropped the sentry bot off at the lot together with a military brand trunk and a mysterious holotape. The crew was understandably spooked and refused to look at it, fearing for their careers.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The disposal ground is located northeast of Vault 111 and a little northwest of USAF Satellite Station Olivia, on the shores of Misty Lake. It consists of a small scrapyard with one building and a bunch of rusty cars. There is a disabled sentry bot in the scrapyard which may be activated using a holotape found on the terminal in the main building. The building contains a weapons workbench.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Combat sentry proto MK IV holotape – Inside the terminal in the main building. The tape can be initiated directly from the terminal or downloaded to the Pip-Boy.
- Hot Rodder issue #1 – On a desk inside the main building.
- Fat Man – In the northwest corner of the lot, in between some car wrecks.
- Fusion core - In the military supply trunk/crate next to the sentry bot. Two additional fusion cores can be obtained by booting up the sentry bot and then ordering it to self-destruct.
- Mini nuke - At the front gate on the east side behind a pile of tires.
- Power armor equal to the Sole Survivor's level, ranging from T-45 to X-01 – Approximately 200 feet (60 meters) east-southeast of the main building, in the open, next to a downed vertibird. It is possible to get an empty frame.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Inside the main building, there is a terminal that holds the combat sentry proto MK IV holotape. Initiating it will allow the player character to activate the inactive combat sentry bot outside and send it to various military installations to kill any present foes. After each run, the robot will return to the disposal ground.
- The holotape has to be activated in the vicinity of the sentry bot in order to control it.
- Up to six mole rats will spawn at the site upon activating the sentry bot, after a short delay.
- When at this location, companions make comments, which are activated in front of the sentry bot.
|Curie||"The robots appear to be guarding personal property. We should avoid them."|
|Deacon||"Those are some hard core military robots. Prudence, better parts, yata yata."|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The robotics disposal ground appears only in Fallout 4.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC If the robot is stuck in a "deactivated" animation after it has been remotely powered up via the junkyard computer, hitting the robot in the head with a melee attack may solve the issue. This will enable it to move and use melee attacks as well. It will not use its main weapons and will not initiate the self-destruct sequence.[verified]
- PC After issuing an order, the robot might remain motionless. Opening the console then clicking on the robot and first typing disable and then enable will fix the issue.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One One may be unable to obtain the mini nuke behind the pile of tires. Saving and reloading by the mini nuke does not fix this problem, and may cause the mini nuke to disappear completely. It can be dislodged by gunfire or jumping on it.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One At times, it is possible to activate the sentry bot, only to have it freeze in place in its standard "disabled" stance. The bot can then be ordered to travel somewhere and will state that it is going, but not move. The bot will remain neutral at this point, but immobile. Ordering it to self destruct will typically not produce any effect. However, should the player character move a distance away and shoot the robot, it will suddenly turn hostile and teleport to the player character, while at the same time initiating the self destruct sequence. On the other hand, ordering it to self-destruct *before* ordering it to travel will result in successful self-destruction, procuring 2 fusion cores and other loot. [verified]
- PC The building's entrance may be covered by a metallic looking texture. If the door is opened, it can be walked through, but the texture still persists. [verified]
- PC If the mole rats are underground, standing near the Sentry bot may allow one to activate V.A.T.S. and attack the mole rats if one is holding a melee weapon while they are underground. [verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 259: "[1.04] ROBOTICS DISPOSAL GROUND
A junkyard for failed assembly line robot prototypes, as well as rusting scrap. Use the holotape in the terminal to activate the Sentry Proto MKIV if you wish. How far away is the range of this activation? Why not test it out? Don't forget to rummage around by the tire pile (east entrance) for a Mini Nuke, and the Fat Man is among the rusting cars, northwest of the Sentry Bot."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Robotics disposal ground terminal entries; terminal, delivery log
- Robotics disposal ground terminal entries; terminal, employee notes
- Robotics disposal ground terminal entries; terminal, 10/15/2077 --- Dillan
- Robotics disposal ground terminal entries; terminal, 10/20/2077 --- Mike