The robot assembly entrance is directly west of the engineering core. The area is U shaped with two floors.
Most of the 2nd floor will initially be inaccessible to the player and be used by Somah to try tinker with the teleportation platforms. Once the generator of this area is blown up, a force field blocking a doorway to a teleportation platform leading to this area will shut down, making way for only some minor loot.
The first floor area is occupied by some six support drones and guardian drones with drone cannons and one automated turret. There are also three alien workers which pose no threat to the player character.
A section of the assembly line (A) must be destroyed to gain access to the generator. (The teleport is inactive until the generator is destroyed). To destroy the assembly line section, go to the end of the assembly line furthest from where one first entered. There is a unique switch visible when facing east. Use this to detonate the panel and overload the assembly line. Caution: stand back immediately after pressing the button, as the resulting explosion is rather large. If the player character took Somah with them, she will use a teleporter at the beginning of the area and will reconnect with them, shortly after blowing up the assembly line.
- The drone control device can be looted from the first alien seen in the area beyond the assembly line that Somah says to blow up.
- 44 alien power cells can be found on/near a corner shelf in the first downstairs chamber, near a small container, opposite the robot escalator. 2x12 rounds clip into the wall at the back of the shelf and are only obtainable with tcl.
- 39 alien crystals (22 small, 17 large), the highest amount in a single section aboard the ship.
- At the very end of the assembly line, at the top right corner of the map, on the other side of the electronics access panel, are a teddy bear and miniature intact garden gnome apparently watching a miniature TV surrounded by a pack of cigarettes, a shot glass, and a bottle of vodka.
- This is one of many areas of the ship that will not be accessible after completing the main (This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough...) quest.
- The alien who has the drone control device also has a high amount of health even though he is not equipped with the inertia suppression field.
- console commands, the alien with the drone control device will not appear, reloading will not solve the problem. If the panel is unusable, use the console, click on the panel and enter activate, it will use the panel and blow up the wall. [verified] At the part where one has to overload the assembly line, the panel will sometimes not do anything, making the only way to continue is to use
- Robotics Expert perk, as the game does not consider deactivated robots to be dead. [verified] The force field blocking access to the teleporter which leads to the second floor (in order to meet up with Somah), may not disappear if all of the guardian drones are not destroyed. Take particular care if using the