|For an overview of knives, see Knife.|
The ritual knife is used by the swampfolk in rituals. It can be repaired with knives as well as the slasher knife and Ant's Sting. This weapon has a high rate of attack and the second-lowest AP cost in the game.
The ritual knife can successfully strike about 1333 times from full condition before breaking.
- Knife - The common variant found throughout the Capital Wasteland.
- Ant's Sting - Obtained by siding with the AntAgonizer in The Superhuman Gambit, Ant's Sting is slightly stronger than the regular knife, and deals poison damage over time.
- Slasher knife - Appears in Tranquility Lane and can only be obtained outside of the simulation through console commands.
- Toy knife - Using even less AP than the ritual knife (10 instead of 12) the toy knife uses the lowest amount of AP for any weapon in Fallout 3. However, it does very little damage, much less than the regular knife.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
The ritual knife will sometimes fall inside the sacrificing table making it difficult to obtain. It is possible to dislodge it with explosives and/or third person view to pick it up.[verified]