| ||For an overview of Ripper models in the Fallout series of games, see Ripper (weapon).|
A short-bladed, chainsaw-like device that was used by the military before the Great War, most likely used both as a weapon and as a general-purpose cutting tool.
The ripper is a chain-blade type weapon that has very high DPS. Unlike its implementation in previous Fallout games, it can execute a powerful slashing attack on command outside of V.A.T.S. thanks to the addition of a separate melee power attack button. It is affected by the same perks as all melee weapons.
A ripper normally inflicts 7 hits per attack in V.A.T.S.; though each individual hit is weak, the attacks occur in quick succession, giving the weapon very high damage per second. When executing a V.A.T.S. critical attack, there is a special animation, striking opponents from a downward angle rather than stabbing them.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Curved blade||Chance to disarm. Better damage.||Curved||+4||+1.1||+15||–||Adhesive x6|
|Extended blade||Targets bleed. Exceptional damage.||Extended||+5||+3||+25||Blacksmith 3||Adhesive x8|
- Reckoning, which is sold by Smiling Larry either during a random encounter or at a weapon emporium if he is recruited as a settler. Reckoning allows the Sole Survivor take 15% less damage when standing and not moving.
- The Harvester, a unique ripper found in Echo Lake Lumber in the add-on Far Harbor.
- One location for the ripper is in the West Everett Estates, more specifically inside a shack next to a yellow house, just before the entrance to the backyard bunker. Inside, just beside the entrance to the bunker on a cabinet, one will find the ripper.
- It can be bought from Arturo Rodriguez, in Diamond City.
- It can be bought from Cricket, a traveling merchant.
- It can be bought from Tinker Tom.
- May also spawn on high level Gunners.
- This ripper is different in appearance to previous versions as it is militarized in design and colors, while previous versions have been more like tools.
- Unlike models seen in previous Fallout games, the Fallout 4 ripper's chain has absolutely no teeth. However, the concept art displays teeth on its chain.
- Because legendary weapon effects are applied separately to each individual damage tick the Ripper inflicts, wounding variant and freezing variant are some of the most powerful weapons in the game. While the Bleed effect from a Wounding Ripper will stack rapidly, the cryo damage of a Freezing Ripper is affected by melee weapon perks, and at high ranks will actually out-damage Wounding variants by a wide margin.
| || |
| || |