|For an overview of Ripper models in the Fallout series of games, see Ripper (weapon).|
This weapon is good for a low-mid level melee player. The attack button can be held down and it will dismember anything in front of the player (much like a chainsaw or thermic lance). This makes it very good for handling multiple enemies or large, but slow, creatures.
The ripper can successfully strike about 5995 times from full condition before breaking.
- Arcade Gannon's Ripper, a unique companion-only ripper carried by Arcade Gannon.
- Ripper (GRA), a modifiable version added by the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
- Note: Melee damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- They are often carried by Legionary assassins.
- One is available for sale after passing a Speech check at Mick & Ralph's with Mick.
- Quite a number of Fiends in Vault 3 carry rippers.
- From Arcade Gannon after For Auld Lang Syne.
- Vulpes Inculta uses one when you first encounter him in Nipton.
- A Scorpions gang member in the Monte Carlo Suites will carry one.
- Rippers do more damage in one action in V.A.T.S. than in normal combat.
- When damaging some enemies (like mantises) red blood will be displayed instead of green.
- Ripper (Arcade Gannon special version) is in your inventory that is available for use and does not show up in the shop menus, but if it is dropped, you will not be able to pick it up again. Sometimes, a