| ||For an overview of Ripper models in the Fallout series of games, see Ripper (weapon).|
This weapon is good for a low-mid level melee player. The attack button can be held down and it will dismember anything in front of the player (much like a chainsaw or thermic lance). This makes it very good for handling multiple enemies or large, but slow, creatures.
It has a special Long Cut attack that does 50% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 20 fewer action points (requires a Melee skill of 50). Note that in Fallout: New Vegas melee weapons do double normal weapon damage when used in V.A.T.S.
|Attack type||V.A.T.S. Dam||Action points||Dam/AP|
It is possible to execute Long Cut outside of V.A.T.S. (without the required Melee skill of 50 to perform the move) by initiating a power attack (hold attack button) while moving forward.
The ripper can successfully strike about 5995 times from full condition before breaking.
- Arcade Gannon's Ripper, a unique companion-only ripper carried by Arcade Gannon.
- Ripper (GRA), a modifiable version added by the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on.
- They are often carried by Legionary assassins.
- One is available for sale after passing a Speech check at Mick & Ralph's with Mick.
- Quite a number of Fiends in Vault 3 carry rippers.
- From Arcade Gannon after For Auld Lang Syne.
- Vulpes Inculta uses one when you first encounter him in Nipton.
- A Scorpions gang member in the Monte Carlo Suites will carry one.
- Rippers do more damage in one action in V.A.T.S. than in normal combat.
- When damaging some enemies (like mantises) red blood will be displayed instead of green.
- Xbox 360 Sometimes, a Ripper (Arcade Gannon special version) is in your inventory that is available for use and does not show up in the shop menus, but if it is dropped, you will not be able to pick it up again.
- Sometimes, if you have multiple rippers in your inventory or added to a container, they will not stack properly, and it will show only one. [verification overdue]
| || |