"Rhythm For You" is a song played on Galaxy News Radio. It was written and composed by Dutch musicians Eduard "Eddy" Christiani and Frans Poptie. It performed by the Charles Brull Dance Orchestra conducted by David Johnson, a pseudonym of the Dutch conductor, Dolf van der Linden.
The song's first known use is in the soundtrack of the 1953 Swedish drama film Vi tre debutera or We Three Debutantes.
However, the reverse of the same phonograph record features the song "Yankee Doodle Polka" written by Catherine McCarthy and Charles Pierre. That song's first known use is in the soundtrack of the 1952 Swedish film Flottare med färg. Since they are two halves of the same record, it is presumed they were released around the same time.
All four songs were reissued on the KPM CD Roads to War Part 1, only available for production music licensing from APM music, as the last four tracks. It is unknown why "Yankee Doodle Polka" was omitted from licensing, perhaps to avoid confusion with the similarly named "Yankee Doodle" instrumental.
It is an instrumental piece, and thus has no lyrics.
- Conductors and Composers of Popular Orchestral Music: A Biographical and Discographical Sourcebook p.265
- Swedish Film Database entry for "Vi tre debutera (1953)"
- Swedish Film Database entry for "Flottare med färg (1952)"
- "Back to the '50s" article on testcardcircle.org
- Roads To War - Part 1 track listing on the APM website