|Minutemen radiant quest: Resettle Refugees|
|Speak to the scientists at the checkpoint.|
|Travel to the infested potential settlement.|
|Secure the workshop.|
|Reward: A new settlement|
|Report your success to the scientists.|
|Reward: ~100 caps|
|Report your success to Preston Garvey.|
|Reward: 100+ XP|
After destroying the Institute with the Minutemen, this quest can be periodically obtained when talking to Preston Garvey or listening to Radio Freedom. The Sole Survivor is informed of a group of Institute refugees at a military checkpoint who are looking to resettle, and is asked to assist them.
To proceed with the quest the Sole Survivor must travel to the checkpoint and speak to the scientists. One of the scientists will point the Sole Survivor to a nearby location that would be good for a settlement, but needs to be cleared of enemies first.
To complete the objective, the Sole Survivor must travel to the soon-to-be settlement and clear it of enemies. Clearing the area will unlock the workshop, allowing the Sole Survivor to access it and complete the objective. With the threat neutralized, the Sole Survivor can talk to the scientist from before to receive thanks and a reward of ~100 caps. At this point the scientists will begin traveling to the new settlement. If the quest was given by Preston Garvey, the Sole Survivor must report back to him to turn in the quest; it will be completed immediately upon receiving the reward otherwise.
Potential settlements to clearEdit
- Coastal cottage : Kill the mirelurks
- Croup Manor : Kill the feral ghouls
- Hangman's Alley : Kill the raiders
- Jamaica Plain : Kill the feral ghouls
- Kingsport Lighthouse : Kill the Children of Atom and the glowing one atop the lighthouse
- Murkwater construction site : Kill the mirelurk queen
- Nordhagen Beach: Kill the mirelurks
- Outpost Zimonja : Kill the raiders
- Starlight Drive In : Kill the mole rats
- Sunshine Tidings co-op: Kill the feral ghouls
- Taffington boathouse : Kill the bloodbugs
- This quest will not be given if all of the potential locations have been cleared and unlocked already; Preston will give a different random quest instead.
- This quest only becomes available if the Sole Survivor destroys the Institute with the Minutemen and triggers the evacuation order in the process.
- The death of the lead scientist will result in the quest failing. If Preston gave the quest, the Sole Survivor must report their failure to him before the quest is removed from the quest log.
- The group of refugees consists of two to five Institute scientists. Additionally, there is a 10% chance that they are joined by a synth gorilla.