|For an overview of sniper rifle models, see sniper rifle.|
The sniper rifle is a scoped rifle found in the Capital and Mojave Wastelands. Chambered for .308 ammunition, it is semi-automatic with a five round magazine.
The Reservist's rifle has +50% more durability (item HP) than the regular sniper rifle, preserving the damage and critical rate more effectively. It also has a slightly higher rate of fire in exchange for lower magazine capacity.
It has 3 rounds instead of 5 in each magazine and costs 6 AP less to shoot in V.A.T.S., compared to other sniper rifles (32AP vs 38AP). The Reservist's rifle can be repaired with common sniper rifles.
As with generic sniper rifles, it has a very high critical multiplier of x5. Player characters with 10 Luck, Finesse (+5%), and Survival Guru (+3%), will have a 90% critical chance with the rifle. During V.A.T.S. shots, with the +15% V.A.T.S. bonus, all landed shots will be critical hits.
The Reservist's rifle can fire a total of about 125 rounds, the equivalent of 42 reloads, from full condition before breaking, roughly 42 more rounds than the standard sniper rifle.
- Sniper rifle - The common variant found throughout the Fallout 3 game world.
- Victory rifle - While identical in strength to the sniper rifle, the Victory rifle has an additional 200 item HP, and knocks down targets with critical hits. However, it pays for this ability with a reduced critical chance of 3.
- Sim version Operation: Anchorage add-on. See Operation: Anchorage glitches for details. - A sniper rifle with ridiculously high durability which can be obtained through a glitch with the
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
If one disarms the Drifter of the rifle, then returns in at least 72 in-game hours, he will spawn with the rifle again.[verified]
- This can be repeated for an infinite number of rifles.
- When looking through the scope, the Geiger counter on the Pip-Boy ceases to click.[verified]