“I...well, I...it's my husband Joshua. He...got into some trouble in...the bar. He accidentally struck a Citizen and was arrested. He didn't mean to, but he'd been drinking, and...”— Amanda
|Side Quest: Rescue Amanda's husband, Joshua|
|Speak with Amanda.|
|Agree to spend some time with her. (optional)|
|Go to the Servant Allocation Center and speak with Barkus.|
|Bribe or convince Barkus to let Joshua free.|
|Return to Amanda.|
|Reward: 500 XP, $32 or -10 Karma|
By talking to Barkus, one can arrange for Joshua's rescue by accomplishing one of the following:
- Convince the guard that Joshua has contracted the (insert Chosen One's name)'s Syndrome (Speech 80% or Doctor 75%).
- Offer a bribe (from $250 to $1000 depending on your Barter skill).
- Citizens can tell Barkus that Joshua is a troublesome individual and should be kicked out before he causes others to act up as well or that he may be infected (Speech 75%).
- Do it by force, which also starts hostility with Vault City.
- Those with Slaver reputation, Childkiller reputation, or a Karma below 0 (neutral) prevents starting the quest.
- After collecting the reward, Joshua and his family will leave after exiting the map, after which the wrench from Curtis will be unobtainable.