|For a cross-game overview of this skill, see Repair.|
Items can now be repaired to 100% regardless of the player character's current skill. Repair still governs the effectiveness of repairing one item with another, using the same repair efficiency calculation as Fallout 3, but with a static 100% condition limit in place of the skill-based limit.
A higher Repair skill unlocks crafting recipes for different types of ammunition and other gear at reloading benches and workbenches, such as the Weapon repair kit with 50 skill. High Repair also allows one to repair mechanical or electronic world objects (elevators, doors, computers, etc.).
Ways to increase Repair
- Leveling up (up to +15 or +17 with Educated)
- Dean's Electronics (+3 or +4 with Comprehension)
- Logic Co-Processor implant (+2 depending on Intelligence, a perfect Intelligence of 10 will see no benefit.)
- Good Natured (+5)
- Skilled (+5)
- Civilian engineer jumpsuit (+5)
- Handyman jumpsuit (+5)
- NCR engineer jumpsuit (+5)
- Repconn jumpsuit (+5)
- RobCo jumpsuit (+5)
- Vault 3 utility jumpsuit (repair +5, lockpick +5)
- Dead Money jumpsuit (+5)
- Yangtze camp jumpsuit (+5)
- Dr. Klein's glasses (+5)
- Fixin' Things (+10 or +20 with Comprehension)
- Mentats (+2 to +8 depending on Intelligence, a perfect Intelligence of 10 will see no benefit.)
- Party Time Mentats (+2 to +8 depending on Intelligence, an Intelligence of 10 will see no benefit.)
- Black coffee (+2 to +4 depending on Intelligence; an Intelligence of 10 will see no benefit, Survival can increase the bonus by up to +12 at 100%)
- Light Switch 01 Upgrade: "Smart Lights" (+5 to +9 (depending on current Intelligence) for 12 hours or until one uses the Light Switch 02 Upgrade: "Mood Lights")
Perks that require Repair skill
|In Shining Armor||20||2||Science 70|
|Junk Rounds||45||2||Luck 6|
|Light Touch||45||2||Agility 6|
|Mad Bomber||45||6||Explosives 45|
Interactions that require Repair skill
- 20 Repair to repair Trudy's radio in Goodsprings.
- 20 Repair to salvage the solar array parts at HELIOS One.
- 25 Repair to repair the broken 9mm SMG in Doc Mitchell's house.
- 35 Repair to repair ED-E (along with 55 Science).
- 35 Repair to repair the broken elevator in the Bison Steve Hotel.
- 35 Repair to repair the broken generator in Sloan.
- 35 Repair to repair the auxiliary generator in the quest That Lucky Old Sun (along with one piece of scrap metal).
- 35 Repair to gain entrance to the Ultra-Luxe kitchen area without requiring honorary White Glove Society membership or a White Glove Society disguise.
- 40 Repair to deduce, when speaking to Pete, how to salvage the crashed B-29 laying at the bottom of Lake Mead.
- 45 Repair to disarm rigged shotgun traps and get the ammo from them.
- 50 Repair to repair the broken elevator in Vault 22, allowing easier travel through the vault.
- 50 Repair to defuse the bomb on board Bear Force One in You'll Know It When It Happens.
- Puesta del Sol switching station. 60 Repair to jury rig the fuse box in the
- 65 Repair to repair the broken solar panels at the Nellis array.
- 65 Repair to jam the 12 hidden doors throughout the REPCONN headquarters.
- 65 Repair to repair ED-E (without any other skill).
- 80 Repair to jury rig the food processor during Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans.
Non-player characters who repair
|Dale Barton||The Fort||58%|
|Samuel Kerr||188 Trading Post||64%|
|Old Lady Gibson||Gibson scrap yard||79%|
|Mick||Mick & Ralph's||85%|
|Joshua Graham||Zion Canyon||100%|
|Paladin Sato||Brotherhood of Steel safehouse||100%|
|Raul Tejada||Black Mountain / Raul's shack||100%|
|Major Knight||Mojave Outpost||100%|
|Sink Central Intelligence Unit||The Sink/Big MT||100%|
|Commissary terminal||The Divide||100%|
The Repair skill of an NPC dictates the maximum condition they can repair to, based on the same maximum condition formula used in Fallout 3. The total cost to repair is independent of one's Barter and Repair skills and is calculated with this formula:
- If repairing an item were to increase its value by 1000 caps, the repair would cost 2000 caps, essentially a 100% overhead.
- Non-player characters will not repair apparel (such as Benny's suit) that has no DT.
- Normally, common weapon variants can not be repaired with unique weapons unless the Jury Rigging perk is selected, which can result in the potential loss of these rare items.
- Items whose HP values still round to 100% will not offer the option to repair/maintain them, even if they show less than maximum cap value, and will not appear in the list of spare weapons when repairing another of the same type.