The duster outfit seems to consist of a black undershirt and a pair of gray canvas pants underneath a long, brown leather overcoat with the sleeves rolled up above the elbow, a pair of leather gloves on the character's hands, and a pair of motorcycle boots for footwear.
- One is given at 100% condition by Sonora Cruz if the Lone Wanderer joins her group, the Regulators. To join the Regulators, one must have the Lawbringer perk. Taking the perk will add the location of Regulator HQ to the Pip-Boy world map.
- If one has negative Karma, Regulators will occasionally show up to attack the Wanderer for a bounty, at which point a Regulator duster can be obtained by killing them and looting their corpses.
- If one has the Lawbringer perk and reverse-pickpockets the un-named Regulators inside the Regulator HQ, they will have a new duster in 72 hours.
- If the player character takes the Lawbringer perk, there will be a Regulator on a stairway as soon as one enters Arlington Cemetery, as well as a note for Junders Plunkett, who is in the area.
- Both the unique dusters are identical to a normal Regulator duster except for the sheriff's badge on the sheriff's duster.