The refined punga fruit is a consumable in the Fallout 3 add-on Point Lookout.
It is a variant of the wild punga fruit grown by Point Lookout's local tribals in the Ark & Dove cathedral. Unique to punga fruit, it has the ability to scrub radiation from the body as well as heal at the same time. The perk Punga Power! (achieved from the Mother Punga) increases the radiation healing effects, but does not affect its HP healing.
As opposed to its wild cousin, refined punga fruit is a smooth pale yellow-green fruit as opposed to a rough brown and yellow fruit.
- All refined punga plants must be picked within the Ark & Dove cathedral, aside from one growing right beside the cathedral gate. All others can only be found in merchant inventories.
- After completing the side quest Tailing the Tomboy, your reward will be 10 refined punga fruits.
- It can be bought from Capital Wasteland merchants after the Point Lookout add-on has been loaded.
- Refined punga fruit do not regrow after being picked.
- Even though the punga plants look like they have 2 or 3 fruits, they will only yield one when you pick them.
- The refined punga fruit is exported far and wide, as shown by the Pitt bartender Harris selling it.
Another variant of the plant