Background[edit | edit source]
The Reeb Marina was home to two twin brothers, Eugene and Malcolm, who arrived at the area ten days after the Great War. They worked to repair the marina's boat in hopes of escaping the madness, but an altercation broke out on the 20th day about where the two should sail.
It is implied that the situation between the brothers finally reached its climax on the 46th day, where they were killed by the Mister Handys on site after both of them manipulated the security protocols.
When the Sole Survivor arrives, they are greeted by a Mr. Handy that says "Hello, Eugene! Your brother Malcolm has prepared a surprise for you," leading them to a back room. The surprise is a birthday sweet roll with candles on it. The three Mr. Handies will repeatedly say "Happy Birthday Eugene" before turning hostile.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The entrance to the marina warehouse is found on the southwest side. The warehouse has two living quarters, one that used to be Malcolm's and one that used to Eugene's. Each living quarter has a bed, couch, television set and a personal terminal. There is a weapons workbench in the southwest corner of the warehouse and an armor workbench in the southeast corner. Outside, in one of the sheds, is a power armor station.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Tesla Science Magazine issue #5 - On the kitchen's table.
- Happy Birthday sweet roll - On the same table.
- Breakroom notes - On the kitchen's counter.
- Bathroom notes - On the bathroom's sink.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Quartermastery: Scribe Haylen has identified the location of a piece of technology she wishes to retrieve and catalog. She asks the Sole Survivor for help in bringing back the technology in one piece.
- Variable Removal: PAM has intel on a courser in the field. An unchecked courser can cause tremendous damage to the Railroad and the Sole Survivor is tasked with eliminating it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The marina is inhabited by a number of bloodbugs, but it's the three Mister Handies which must be destroyed to mark the location as "cleared.”
- Although the Mr. Handy mistakes the Sole Survivor as Eugene and leads them to the "trap" his brother Malcolm prepared, the skeleton, as well as the date shown on the terminal, suggest that Malcolm was actually killed by Eugene first. Companions will also comment on this event.
- When at this location, companions make comments.[clarification needed]
|Deacon||"Here's to brotherly love."|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Reeb Marina appears only in Fallout 4.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Sometimes, the Mr. Handy robots do not attack the Sole Survivor once they reach the kitchen. This may be caused by nearby raiders or other enemies killing one or more of the robots before the player character arrives and begins the quest.[verified]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p. 335: "[4.14] REEB MARINA
This small boating marina was home to brothers Eugene and Malcolm, who parted ways while not on the best of terms. Read more at Eugene’s terminal or Malcolm’s terminal (Novice), and be wary of surprises from robots. Check the trunk in the kitchen."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Reeb Marina terminal entries; Eugene's terminal, 11/2/2077
- Reeb Marina terminal entries; Eugene's terminal, 11/22/2077
- Reeb Marina terminal entries; Eugene's terminal, 12/12/2077
- Reeb Marina terminal entries; Malcolm's terminal, 12/17/2077