A wastelander who was only recently conscripted into the Brotherhood, Initiate Reddin is an overly curious and excitable recruit on her first combat assignment. Vargas does what he can to restrain her and teach her the ways of the Brotherhood. Reddin was added to Sarah's unit against his advice, but although Vargas may act angry and annoyed at Reddin, it is entirely because he is trying to keep her alive.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Following in His Footsteps: Reddin gallantly fights alongside the Lone Wanderer in their journey to the Galaxy News Radio building in the pursuit for more information on the whereabouts of their father. During the quest, the explosion of the barrier of vehicles that heralds the arrival of the super mutant behemoth kills her instantly. After the behemoth battle, Sarah Lyons tells Vargas that she will tell the Brotherhood of Reddin's courage and that she will be remembered as Paladin Reddin.
Effects of player's actionsEdit
- If the Lone Wanderer proceeds to Rivet City and speaks to Doctor Li without going to GNR first, and then later goes to GNR, the Lyons' Pride will not be encountered at all, alongside Initiate Reddin and the two dead Brotherhood of Steel initiates. The Lone Wanderer will then be forced to navigate their way through the encounter by themselves. The Lyons' Pride will then introduce themselves at the Citadel, minus Reddin.
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Assault rifle||5.56mm round||Brotherhood of Steel holotag|
- Reddin's death is scripted to occur when the barrier of vehicles explode. There is no way to prevent it.
- Citadel information terminals and Citadel personnel terminals state her funeral has been put on hold due to unexpected tactical developments and that a memorial service will be scheduled, but the date is still to be determined.
- Sometimes, if the player character kills Reddin before the behemoth, Reddin's dialogue will appear even though she is dead. This is due to her death being scripted, and unavoidable.
- Like Initiate Jennings, Reddin does not wear the Lyon's Pride power armor, despite being a member.
Initiate Reddin appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
In the game files, Reddin's script is called "MQ01RedshirtScript", a reference to the disposable "redshirts" of the Star Trek original series.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- ↑ Lone Wanderer:"So, you guys looking for new recruits?"
Sarah Lyons:"That's a negative. We've got too many local conscripts as it is. Most are undertrained and too damned trigger happy for their own good. Our very own Initiate Reddin is a sterling example."
Sarah Lyons' dialogue
- ↑ Fallout 3 Official Game Guide