|For an overview of BB gun variants, see BB gun.|
Background[edit | edit source]
The Red Ryder BB gun is a BB gun made by Daisy Outdoor Products and introduced in 1938 that resembles the Winchester rifle of Western movies. Named for the comic strip cowboy character Red Ryder, it is arguably the most famous BB gun in American history.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
A limited edition of the regular Red Ryder BB gun with a cleaner appearance, tube under the barrel, different handle and a compass in the stock. This powerful weapon can do large amounts of damage in the right hands.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Fallout[edit | edit source]
- Inside Bob's office, behind the locked door in the Bob's Pre-owned Car Mart special encounter, along with some BBs and a normal BB gun.
- One can be found in one of the shelves located inside a locked room in Darkwaters General Store. Entering the room after telling Killian Darkwater that Gizmo hired the Vault Dweller to kill him increases the chance of Killian not caring about the break-in. He will warn them to get out of the room as soon as possible.
Fallout 2[edit | edit source]
- It can be acquired in the Sierra Army Depot. With a sufficient science skill one can resurrect Dobbs, who will quickly die as a consequence of post-cryogenic syndrome. He carries the LE BB gun.
- Buster, the gun merchant in the NCR Bazaar, will also occasionally have it in stock.
- Red 888 Guns in San Francisco Chinatown sometimes has one in stock.
- It can also be found via a random event while traveling in the wasteland.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The Red Ryder BB gun is named after the real life Red Ryder BB gun.
- The Red Ryder BB gun is also a powerful weapon obtainable in Wasteland, the predecessor game to the Fallout series. In Highpool, the party has to fight the child whose dog (Rex) "was gunned down by vigilante Rangers," or it could be acquired via cheat.
- The "Red Ryder" himself is another reference to the BB gun and Wasteland. He shows up to fight the Rangers in revenge should they murder the children making fun of them after falling into the river.
Sounds[edit | edit source]