Background[edit | edit source]
This was once Concord's nuclear coolant replenishment and service station. Before the Great War, employees there won the Trashbusters Award "for the greatest year-to-year waste reduction by a single store." However, the company was unaware of the dumping of hazardous materials in a cave located beneath the station instead of following proper disposal practices.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Directly south of the station is the entrance to a mole rat den. Inside is a fusion core, the note Trashbusters Award, and a safe.
- Just inside the front entrance, there are two Giddyup Buttercup pieces, a leg and a head.
- Coolant schematics - Underneath a counter, obtainable during Combat Ready.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The mole rats do not appear immediately. Wait around or explore the nearby area and eventually Dogmeat will bark, indicating danger. The mole rats will never appear before the dog is greeted.
- This location gives insight into the resource crisis and inflation before the Great War by way of the coolant prices on the sign. For Class C Coolant, Red Rocket charged $113.99 per gallon. Considering the 2800% inflation occurring before the war, this comes out to around $4.00.
- The Red Rocket truck stop in the game is not the same one shown in the trailer and promotional images. The Red Rocket garage shown in the trailers is not in the game.
- It is possible to access the roof of the garage by building some stairs. Floors, foundations, and most of the other objects can be placed there. Setting up turrets on the roof is especially useful since it will grant an unobstructed field of fire in virtually every direction while at the same time being immune to melee attacks and hard to hit with guns.
- At higher levels, super mutants, including a suicider, will frequently spawn to the northeast of the coolant pumps.
- Many identical Red Rocket truck stops can be seen across the Commonwealth, and some come with workbenches and power armor station as well. However, there are no map markers for these stops, besides the Fort Hagen filling station, and they cannot be worked as a settlement.
- Southwest of the garage, a steamer trunk can be found in a hole in the ground.
- Just across the street, on the high ground above the rocks, there is a chair set up as if someone has been watching the truck stop. Next to the chair is a large tire with an ammo container in it.
- Quicksaving before speaking to Dogmeat and reloading after the mole rats are killed can prevent the holes that they emerge from ever appearing.
- A way to prevent the holes from staying is to avoid opening the workshop until they despawn.
- The cave underneath Red Rocket truck stop is just outside of the settlement build area so it is not possible to include the entrance within the settlement.
- This settlement is one of only two settlements that provide a full complement of crafting stations from the start, the other one being Sanctuary Hills.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Red Rocket truck stop appears only in Fallout 4.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Playstation 4 Both walls of the computer room have no hitbox where there would be a door. One can walk right through these walls and can even see outside.[verification overdue]
- PC Playstation 4 If the player character leaves a suit of power armor too close to an existing suit that is parked at a power armor station, the original suit will disappear, then reappear the next time one fast travels to the Red Rocket truck stop.[verified]
- To fix this, park extra suits of power armor away from the power armor station.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition pp. 258-259: "[1.03] RED ROCKET TRUCK STOP
This is a service station between Sanctuary Hills and Concord. It seems ex-employees of the company had a habit of dumping hazardous materials in the cave beneath the station instead of disposing of them properly. Check the hill to the south for an entrance to the cave (now a Mole Rat Den), but watch for explosive barrels in this confined burrow. There's a safe (Novice) in here, as well as an ironic Trashbusters Award (Note), a pipe pistol, and some ammo. Also of interest is a Fusion Core (by the note), which helps give continuous juice to your Power Armor."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Red Rocket truck stop terminal entries; Safe Storage