Red Menace is a Pip-Boy game tape in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, which serves as propaganda against Chinese communist forces. It was published by Vault-Tec Game Studios in 2053. In Fallout Shelter, it is possible to find a Mr. Handy gloat about his high score in Red Menace, boasting that humans' gaming skills are inferior to his by comparison.
Selectable as a playable game on the Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV, on the Inventory, Misc tab. The player must rescue Vault Girl from an anthropomorphic Chinese Flag by dodging bombs and jumping barrels while climbing the stairs, similar to Donkey-Kong and Donkey-Kong JR.
- In Fallout 4, the game can be found on the Vault 111 recreational terminal in the cafeteria.
- In Fallout 76, the disk can be randomly found throughout Appalachia.
- The evil Chinese propaganda character is seen on an issue of the Capitol Post in the official Fallout 3 trailer, in an article about Chinese forces invading Alaska.
- The only power-up in the game resembles a suit of power armor; it behaves very similarly to the hammer from the game's real-life counterpart.
- The top 10 people on the terminal where the holotape is found are mostly console commands.
- This is one of 2 holotape minigames in Fallout 4 (the other being Automatron) that don't come with a RobCo Fun magazine, but from a terminal.
- Sofia Daguerre a former astronaut that appears in Fallout 76 is known for being very proud of her score in Red Menace.
- There are Red Menace themed arcade games in Appalachia.
Behind the scenes
This game is a parody of the famous 1981 Nintendo arcade game Donkey Kong.