Characteristics[edit | edit source]
These beacons consist of a large radio antenna, which, once built and supplied with the necessary power, will transmit a radio station listed as settlement recruitment beacon, attracting randomized settlers.
The transmission can be turned on and off using the switch at the base of the tower, and while on, can be listened to just like any other radio station. The range of these beacons can be extended by activating relay towers near the settlement to boost the signal, increasing the recruitment of settlers.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recruitment radio beacon (1)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The beacon is found in the workbench menu under Power > Miscellaneous.
- The songs that play after the pre-recorded messages are the same as the Enclave Radio songs from Fallout 3.
- Each beacon will gradually increase the number of settlers until the maximum is reached (10 plus Charisma stat).
- There is a chance to receive a brahmin instead of a settler.
- The beacon will not function if there are more than four unassigned settlers in a location.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Sometimes, when trying to build a recruitment beacon, the inventory shown with the required materials is listed incorrectly. It may show the player character the requirements are all present, while in fact, some may be missing (most of the times steel).[verified]
- PC The radio beacon may not turn off, have unlimited range, and the signal may persist after the beacon is either destroyed, the wire is removed or turned off.[verified]