In 2284, Paladin Brandis and his squad were dispatched to the Commonwealth on a recon mission. When the squad fell under fire, Brandis set the objective for Recon Squad Artemis to make way toward the National Guard training yard and regroup at the bunker to plan an escape from the Commonwealth. Through a series of battles, only he made it back. With his mission a total failure, he has locked himself inside and cut off ties with the outside world.
The bunker consists of one room accessed by a terminal on the left of the front door. Inside there is a bed, a trunk with loot and a small toilet/bathroom area. Raiders can be found here after completion of "The Lost Patrol" side mission.
- One fusion core - In the generator visible upon entering.
- Stealth Boy - Located on the shelf by the radio.
- Paladin Brandis' holotape - On a metal shelf next to an inactive distress pulser.
- BOS officer uniform and Survivor's Special - Worn/carried by Brandis.
- The road immediately south of the bunker leading up to it is a random encounter location.
- At the top of the hill to the south of the bunker is a hut with an Expert locked terminal and a police protectron. The terminal is used to activate the protectron.
- At the top of the hill to the east of the bunker is a cooking station with two sleeping bags. When arriving, one will be ambushed by two radscorpions.
Recon bunker Theta appears only in Fallout 4.