|For an overview of recon armor, see Recon armor.|
Intended to serve as the under-armor of the T-45d power armor, the recon armor is a vacuum-sealed asbestos jumpsuit covering the entire body. Attached to it is the interface and mounts for the T-45d power armor. Its purpose is twofold: it allows the user to actually operate the armor and protect soft tissue from moving parts inside the suit and heat. Unlike the under armor for the T-51b power armor models, this one is also designed to offer limited protection from anti-personnel weapons.
This armor is identical in appearance to the recon armor available in Fallout 3, though with a much higher value. It provides a damage threshold of 17 (same as combat armor, reinforced) as well as a bonus of +5 to Sneak and can be repaired with other suits of recon armor, Stealth suit Mk II, NCR trooper armor or any combat armor with the Jury Rigging perk.
- Christine's CoS recon armor - a unique variant of recon armor.
- 188 trading post - sometimes sold by the arms merchant.
- Brotherhood of Steel safehouse - on a shelf in the safehouse.
- Crimson Caravan Company - can be bought from Blake after getting the schematics from the Gun Runners.
- Great Khan armory, Red Rock Canyon - sold by the Great Khan armorer.
- Gun Runners - can be bought from the Vendortron.
- Hidden Valley bunker - recon armor is worn by the Brotherhood of Steel knights.
- Scavenger platform - a suit of recon armor in mid condition can be found at Lake Mead in a footlocker guarded by four to five lakelurks.
- During Still in the Dark the player character will encounter three Brotherhood scouts that wear this armor and the helmets.
- Vault 11 - (lowest level) found in a footlocker near the back of the overseer's room along with the helmet.
- Vault 22 - (lowest level) found inside of a locker on the far right side facing a cave opening.
- Found in a locker in the securitron vault at the Fort.
- Hoover Dam offices - Can be purchased or stolen from Quartermaster Bardon.
- Can be obtained by using the NCR emergency radio and calling for NCR supply support.
- Although this armor is intended to be an "undercoat" for power armor, the player character cannot wear recon armor and power armor at the same time.
- In the Pip-Boy status tab, under EFF, the armor is called "Initiate Armor."