| ||For an overview of recon armor in the Fallout series of games, see Recon armor.|
Intended to serve as the under-armor of the T-45d power armor, the recon armor is a vacuum-sealed asbestos jumpsuit covering the entire body. Attached to it is the interface and mounts for the T-45d power armor. Its purpose is twofold: it allows the user to actually operate the armor and protect soft tissue from moving parts inside the suit and heat. Unlike the underarmor for the t-51b power armor models, this one is also designed to offer limited protection from anti-personnel weapons.
This armor is identical in appearance to the recon armor available in Fallout 3, though with a much higher value. It provides a damage threshold of 17 (Same as combat armor, reinforced) as well as a bonus of +5 to Sneak and can be repaired with other suits of recon armor, or can also be repaired with NCR trooper armor or any combat armor with the Jury Rigging perk.
- Christine's CoS recon armor - A unique variant of recon armor.
- 188 trading post - sometimes sold by the arms merchant.
- Brotherhood of Steel safehouse - On a shelf in the safehouse.
- Crimson Caravan Company - can be bought from Blake after getting the schematics from the Gun Runners.
- Great Khan armory, Red Rock Canyon - sold by the Great Khan armorer.
- Gun Runners - can be bought from the Vendortron.
- Hidden Valley bunker - recon armor is worn by the Brotherhood of Steel Knights.
- Scavenger platform - a recon armor in mid condition can be found at Lake Mead in a footlocker guarded by four to five lakelurks.
- During Still in the Dark the player character will encounter three Brotherhood scouts that wear this armor and the helmets.
- Vault 11 - (Lowest level) found in a footlocker near back of overseer room along with helmet.
- Vault 22 - (Lowest level) found inside of a locker on the on far right side facing a cave opening.
- Found in a locker in the Securitron vault at The Fort.
- Hoover Dam offices - can be purchased or stolen from Quartermaster Bardon
- Can be obtained by using the NCR Emergency Radio and calling for NCR Supply support
- Although this armor is intended to be an "undercoat" for power armor, the player character cannot wear recon armor and power armor at the same time.
- In the Pip-boy status tab, under EFF, the armor is called "Initiate Armor."