|For an overview of laser rifle models in the Fallout series of games, see laser rifle.|
Background[edit | edit source]
The recharger rifle is the first version of a self-charging weapon with effectively limitless ammunition. As the first version of such a weapon, it suffers from a limited power capacity and low effectiveness of the built-in microfusion breeder. The microfusion breeder recharges at about one round every second, meaning a fully discharged rifle takes 7 seconds to recharge. Its evolved and far more advanced counterpart is the recharger pistol.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
It takes about one second to recharge, requiring the Courier to pace their shots to compensate.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The recharger rifle can fire approximately 370 times from full condition before breaking.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Can be purchased or stolen from the Silver Rush.
- Can be purchased from Chet in Goodsprings.
- Can be purchased from Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Can be purchased from Cliff Briscoe at the Dino Bite gift shop.
- May sometimes spawn at the El Dorado Gas & Service.
- Deceased Bright Brotherhood followers may carry the weapon when the player character is at level 4 or below. One of these corpses can be found inside Goodsprings cave.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite its low damage, the gun can be fired very rapidly outside of V.A.T.S.
- The recharger rifle is unaffected by the Laser Commander perk.
- While much heavier and noticeably weaker per shot than the laser rifle, it does not require any ammunition to be carried.