|For an overview of laser rifle models, see laser rifle.|
The recharger rifle is the first version of a self-charging weapon with effectively limitless ammunition. As the first version of such a weapon, it suffers from a limited power capacity and low effectiveness of the built-in microfusion breeder. The microfusion breeder recharges at about one round every second, meaning a fully discharged rifle takes 7 seconds to recharge. Its evolved and far more advanced counterpart is the recharger pistol.
It takes about one second to recharge, requiring the Courier to pace their shots to compensate.
The recharger rifle can fire approximately 370 times from full condition before breaking.
- Can be purchased or stolen from the Silver Rush.
- Can be purchased from Chet in Goodsprings.
- Can be purchased from Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Can be purchased from Cliff Briscoe at the Dino Bite gift shop.
- May sometimes spawn at the El Dorado Gas & Service.
- Deceased Bright Brotherhood followers may carry the weapon when the player character is at level 4 or below. One of these corpses can be found inside Goodsprings cave.
- Despite its low damage, the gun can be fired very rapidly outside of V.A.T.S.
- The recharger rifle is unaffected by the Laser Commander perk.
- While much heavier and noticeably weaker per shot than the laser rifle, it does not require any ammunition to be carried.