| ||For an overview of laser rifle models in the Fallout series of games, see laser rifle.|
The recharger rifle is the first version of a self-charging weapon with effectively limitless ammunition. As the first version of such a weapon, it suffers from a limited power capacity and low effectiveness of the built-in microfusion breeder. The microfusion breeder recharges at about one round every second, meaning a fully discharged rifle takes 7 seconds to recharge. Its evolved and far more advanced counterpart is the recharger pistol.
It recharges itself at about a round every second, requiring the Courier to pace their shots to compensate.
The recharger rifle can fire approximately 370 times from full condition before breaking.
- Can be purchased (or stolen) from the Silver Rush.
- Can be purchased from Chet in Goodsprings.
- Can be purchased from Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Can be purchased from Cliff Briscoe at the Dino Bite gift shop.
- May sometimes spawn at the El Dorado Gas & Service.
- Deceased Bright Brotherhood followers may carry the weapon when the player is at level 4 or below. The earliest of these corpses can be found inside Goodsprings Cave.
- Despite its low damage, the gun can be fired very rapidly outside of V.A.T.S.
- The recharger rifle is unaffected by the Laser Commander perk.
- While much heavier and noticeably weaker per shot than the laser rifle, it doesn't require any ammunition to be carried.
| || |