Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The recharger pistol is the second version of a self-charging weapon with effectively limitless ammunition. It's a more advanced and compact version of the recharger rifle that is fitted with a microfusion breeder that provides it a virtually limitless power supply, capped at 20 shots. Recharging time takes 1 second to recharge 1 shot and a fully discharged recharger pistol takes 20 seconds to fully charge. Additionally, it will only recharge while equipped and does not start out charged when equipping it, resulting in having to wait for it to charge before firing.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The recharger pistol can fire a total of about 1495 times from full condition before breaking.
Modifications[edit | edit source]
- Laser RCW recycler - Recycles and replenishes 1 in 4 shots.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- MF Hyperbreeder Alpha - A unique automatic version of the recharger pistol.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|MF Hyperbreeder Alpha||25||175||7||x0.24||25||3||20||3.8||1.0||10||3995||7||8900||1271.4||50||2|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Crimson Caravan Company - It can be bought from Blake on occasion.
- Goodsprings General Store - It can be bought from Chet at higher levels.
- Silver Rush in Freeside - Can be bought from Gloria Van Graff. One is also on display that can be stolen.
- It can also be bought from traveling merchants on occasion.
- It can also be found on dead Bright Brotherhood Followers, as early as level 8.
- Often can be found as a random loot on Bright Brotherhood corpses inside the REPCONN test site.
- Carried by Paladin Todd at Hoover Dam during the quest Eureka!.
- Stella carries one at the beginning of the add-on.
- Fallen Rock cave. There is another recharger pistol in the
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The recharger pistol is unaffected by the Laser Commander perk.
- Non-player characters can equip and use the recharger pistol, as long as they are also provided with a microfusion breeder ammunition. However, when using it, they will display a weapon reloading animation every few shots.
- The ammunition doesn't recharge while fast traveling.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Companions who are given this weapon will not properly utilize it, due to the fact that the weapon only generates ammunition when it is equipped by the Courier. The microfusion breeder ammunition, when given to companions, will behave as a "single ammunition" or a "single bullet", and once the ammunition supply is exhausted they will switch to another weapon. [verified]
- Additionally, once they shoot it dry if one gets back the gun and recharges it themself, it will reset to 0 charge if it is unequipped.
- PC Loading a game also treats this weapon as being newly equipped, even if it had been fully charged when the game was saved. This makes it an unusably bad choice for players who save the game before getting into a firefight. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 There are issues with the iron sight not aligning properly and the laser is emitted to the right, where the beam would appear when not aiming. The sights can be corrected by (roughly) aiming through the slit in the lit-up coil on the right of the gun. [verified]