|Listen to Abbie's message after creating the five upgraded motors for Early Warnings.|
|Take the holotape for Rose from Abbie's bunker.|
|Upgrade five Scorched detectors in the Mire.|
|Travel to Top of the World and give the holotape to Rose.|
|Return to Abbie's bunker to complete the quest.|
|Reward: Plan: MIRV frag grenade, Plan: Nuke mine, Plan: Light combat legs, 1050 XP, 30 , random aid item|
After completing "Early Warnings", the next task is to install the motors into five Scorched Detectors located throughout the Mire to restore them to working order. Alongside that, Abbie requests that a holotape she left behind be delivered to Rose at the Top of the World to further help with reinforcing the Scorched Detection System.
Delivering the holotape to Rose is easy enough. As for installing the motors into the Scorched Detectors, they will be marked across the Mire for easy locating as most will be close to fast travel points along Highways 65 and 66, which go through the Mire and into the Cranberry Bog. In particular, the detectors can be found at the following locations:
- First detector - Right outside Abbie's bunker, a short way east-northeast of it.
- Second detector - South of the intersection of Highway 66, west of Thunder Mountain Power Plant.
- Third detector - South of the Southern Belle Motel.
- Fourth detector - West of Big B's Rest Stop, installed in the bridge support for the railroad overpass. A random encounter may take place here.
- Fifth detector - South of the Valley Galleria.
Once the motors are installed and Rose has the holotape and promises to install the communication uplink, return to Abbie's bunker to move on to the last of the Free States' quests in the main quest line, Coming to Fruition.